I want to destroy my plotter: can't get the papersize right

MarcoW

I want to destroy the plotter, but my boss would defenitely kick my %#$:shock:.

So here is the problem...

There is a roll in the plotter wich has a width of 594mm, that would be the height of a A1 size paper, or the width of an A2 paper. Now if I plot an A1, it keeps on plotting it in landscape; the result is a drawing where a big part is missing. The plotter only needs to rotate it 90 degrees. It's not gonna happen I fear...

Also I have drawings wich are A1 extended, like 594 x 1189mm (the height of an A1 but the widt of an A0). This comes out nicely out of the plotter. WHY?

Now I took that paper size in the plotter preferences and made a copy of it, then I altered the width to 1000mm and "nope", it's not working.

Now I post an image of the plot preferences where the arrow points to a "preview". How or where do I need to modify the setting so this preview is rotated 90 degrees. For the 1189 width size has the right preview.

Naamloos.png

Also the normal A1 (A1N) is constantly named like A1 (landscape) where the (landscape) part is coming from AutoCAD, not me!

Still want to destroy it.

Have you tried to change the orientation (in the lower right corner) to "Portrait"?

Yes i did, that is THE basic of course. If i select portrait my pages setup is portrait. I want à la escape drawing coming out THE plotter 90 degrees rotated, so THE height matches THE paper roll width.

Sorry for this bad reply, due to iphone

Renderman i cant see THE image, maybe when i get to THE office IT is better

Renderman i cant see THE image, maybe when i get to THE office IT is better

No worries; the picture is unable to fix your issue, but gave me an opportunity to reference "Office Space" - that is all. :)

one of my favorite scenes ever!

Uh oh... I think that technically qualifies us as a 'small group' - behavioral degradation imminent. alkoholics.gif

^^ Don't ask, just say 'Goodbye' (again)

Edited by BlackBox
I ALWAYS see the typos AFTER I hit submit!

• 2 weeks later...
Also in the Plot Area drop down list change what to plot to Extents.

that is it man. just select extents and will give you the option to Fit to paper so select it and you are good to go.

The option to "Fit" to paper should only be used if scale is not important. Works well for schematics but sucks when it comes to architectural plans and site layouts.

One of the plotter options is to rotate automatic you should have this set to ON this will atke a lanscape plan and plot portrait etc so a A1 plots across the 594 sheet, check the plotter and check your PLOT properties settings in our HP its Plot, Properties, Custom properties, Advanced, Autorotate