flatten drawing to xy plane

harald72

Hi,

I'm using AutoCad 2010.

I have received some plan drawings that I'm supposed to do some additional work to. I've found that some of the lines and texts have different z factors. They look really messy in other views than plan view. Is there a command that can put all the work into the same plane, preferably to the xy plane, z = 0? I know there is a command that can flatten 3d views into a 2d drawing but that doesn't seem safe in this case. I know there is such a command in for example Rhino (flatten artwork) but in AutoCad I've never come across it.

H

You could try the FLATTEN command or you can try the old CHANGE command and utilize the ELEVATION option (set it to "0"). If neither of those work there is a macro that is frequently posted here that will do the trick as well. As a matter of fact it may very well appear in one or more of the similar threads listed below.

Express Tools > FLATTEN

Use: via command line

"You can use FLATTEN to create a 2D drawing from a 3D model or you can use it to force the thickness and elevations of selected objects to 0."

Perhaps check with whoever sent you the drawing first about whether you can flatten it. Some of the items may have different z heights as it is 3d survey data.