How to render a region without the background .

danielk

im trying to render a model without the background . ive changed the resolution to 1920x1080 and it seems like autocad rendering all the background+the model to this resolution, so the final result is a lot of background and a model that you cant see the details. the file should be a jpeg or other common picture format but in high resolution.the picture attached is what i got

.5545.jpg

I don't know of an option to not render the background, but I think you can save as .png and it won't have the background after you save the render. It looks like the detail is low because you are zoomed out too far. Try setting up a camera or render your view on medium to make sure it takes up the majority of the picture, then render a 'presentation' quality image. You can also save as .tiff; it is a lossless format but I don't see much difference between it and a high quality jpg at those resolutions.

I have the same question, how to loose background? I draw a porch witch the section of the house that has two glass doors and I would like to see thru the glass. Instead I'm getting black glass (because background is black) with floor reflection on it... I changed background to white but still have same result after rendering.

Any ideas very appreciated.

Hey danielk - what is your purpose of rendering it without the background?are you planning to attach the rendered object into another image so you don't need the background?are you familiar with photoshop?in order to do that you need to edit it using photoshop to remove the background.just a suggestion it might help you to do the trick. afaik, i haven't tried rendering an object without background in autocad as it always does.maybe some fellow member has a better idea regarding this. i'll try to find solution in autocad maybe there is option..Goodluck.

for the photoshop

check this:

Edited by Rewind23
typo-error

I have the same question, how to loose background? I draw a porch witch the section of the house that has two glass doors and I would like to see thru the glass. Instead I'm getting black glass (because background is black) with floor reflection on it... I changed background to white but still have same result after rendering.

Any ideas very appreciated.

If you want to change the default black background color for shaded/rendered models, you can use the View dialog. In the VIEW command dialog (View > Named views) create a new 3D view, enable its background, set the background parameters (solid color, gradient, image, sun+sky) and make the new view current. Such background will be then used for shaded 3D modes (Shademode) and for the resulting Render window.(from cadforum.cz)

Hey danielk - what is your purpose of rendering it without the background?are you planning to attach the rendered object into another image so you don't need the background?are you familiar with photoshop?in order to do that you need to edit it using photoshop to remove the background.just a suggestion it might help you to do the trick. afaik, i haven't tried rendering an object without background in autocad as it always does.maybe some fellow member has a better idea regarding this. i'll try to find solution in autocad maybe there is option..Goodluck.

for the photoshop

check this:

its not the background disturbing me . its just that autocad create an image in a specific resolution and taking the background in account , so the final image is in the desired resolution but 90% of it its not the model himself.

its not the background disturbing me . its just that autocad create an image in a specific resolution and taking the background in account , so the final image is in the desired resolution but 90% of it its not the model himself.

@danielk - have you tried using CAMERA? It can help you in terms of positioning you're object in a more close-up position to get the render that you wanted (like details etc.). Just a suggestion.

Thanks danielk,

I was able to render with different background than black... attached file. of course I sill need to work and work to make my rendering look more professional....

thanks.

Porch blue bg.jpg