exporting from MEP to .gbxml

chelsea1307

Is there a way to export from a MEP dwg to a .gbxml its possible to do from revit and its used to import into energy software. any one know if its possible?

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• chelsea1307

• tzframpton

• JONTHEPOPE

It says that its an unknown command:(

are you in AutoCAD MEP or vanilla AutoCAD profile? I have MEP '09 and it has always worked for me.

Tried it on both autocad mep 09 and vanilla 09 and it didnt work for either, hmmm...

I went to file export and then in the drop down list there was no option for gbXML.

could it be because vanilla autocad is also Installed on the computer? Or that it was installed first?

It opens and says Autocad MEP, We have flash drives that have all the MEP stuff on them, could that be thr problem, you have to have the flashdrive plugged into the computer for it to work, with the people who have just autocad it was installed off of a disk

ok, the person deleted it so i re-imported it and now it shows like you said it should. Except that even when trying from file and clicking the export to gbXML it says the command is unknown

Command: _AecgbXMLExport Unknown command "AECGBXMLEXPORT". Press F1 for help

any ideas now could it have to do with what menus are loaded?

I believe you have to open AutoCAD MEP straight from the application icon. You cannot open plain AutoCAD and change to the MEP profile, you have to start out with the MEP profile from the beginning.

Try that and see if it helps. :)

It asks me to select zones, how do I create zones (if you cant tell very new to MEP)

I figured out how to creat zones, but its saying there are no stories now, Its a 12 story building but each drawing is broken up by floor, do I need to get all the floors together on a the same drawing for it to work?

I figured out how to creat zones, but its saying there are no stories now, Its a 12 story building but each drawing is broken up by floor, do I need to get all the floors together on a the same drawing for it to work?

Looks like you are starting from scratch. You should pick up some Autodesk Official Training Courseware books to teach you. You are probably trying to do the HVAC Calculation Analysis and I will tell you, its extremely tedious to get going. If the architectural plan didn't come 100% complete then I would suggest forget about it. It takes far too long to set everything up to run calculation and loads in MEP. That's where Revit comes in. :)

I use MEP basically for elevation and coordination purposes only, and nothing else. :)

• 1 month later...

HI ,

I went had the same problems as you about a month ago in regards to export to gbxml . except i dont any more due to the fact that i dont gat all the design data i need .

eg : 0.01 infiltration

15.0 cfm per person cfm

also the program i use ( Hap ) doesn't notice the zones, either .

so to save you some heart ach (unless you use trane 300.)

overall it really doesn't save me any time.