Tip of the day 04/30/09

DUSTINCLYDE

I looked at the tip of the day for today and found it could be very useful so I tried to go through it but am having some trouble. Can you do this in ACAD lt 2008 or does it have to be in the full version. If I can do this in LT would someone be willing to offer their help for me.

The one for today 04/30/09 but I just figured it out I have to click on the little arrow in the bottom right hand corner. Thanks

Tip of the Day

Auto-repeating Commands

repeat_command.pngSometimes you need to repeat a command lots of times and it can be a bit tedious doing the usual Right-Click and Repeat… or even using the Enter (return.gif) key on the keyboard. It would be really useful if you could just keep a command auto-repeating until you hit the Escape (Esc) key. Well, you can. All you need to do is make a small change to the CUI.

For example, say you want to draw lots of circles and have the circle command auto-repeat so that you can just pick center, radius, center, radius etc. Here's what you do:

1. Select Viewsubmenu.gifToolbars… from the pull-down menu to display the CUI dialogue box.
  2. In the "Customizations in All CUI Files" section, click on "Toolbars" and then "Draw" to reveal the Draw commands, and then click "Circle".
  3. The Properties area now changes to display the Circle button properties and under the "Macro" heading, you will see the macro used to start the Circle command. By default, this macro is: ^C^C_circle. To cause the Circle command to auto-repeat, simply add a "*" before the existing macro. Once edited, your macro should look like this: *^C^C_circle.
  4. Now click the "OK" button to save and return to the drawing.

Try the circle command and see what happens.

This technique can be used with most commands. For example, if you are doing a lot of dimensioning, you could auto-repeat the Linear Dimension command so that you can draw all your dimensions without breaking stride.

Thanks guys I got it figured out. Once you get to the part of clicking on the command I was clicking on OK at the bottom instead of the little arrow in the bottom right hand corner first. Its working now.

• 3 months later...
Another way to enable automatic repeating of commands is to type MULTIPLE before you begin the initial command

hey NBC, this is completely off topic, but you have a typo in your sig. thought you might like to know.