10.000 dwg blocks free.

gtiddia

Glad to stay here in this nice forum. I'm the webmaster of an italian sharing blocks community with over 60.000 friends. We have 10.000 dwg blocks totally free. All you have to do is to register and you will get 500 free virtual credits which you can then spend on downloads. You can earn more credits by uploading your own original drawings, for which you will receive credits equal to 5 times the assigned price of your drawing. That's a ratio of 5:1 in your favour.

The site is in Italian but cad drawings are.. drawings!

If the admin give me the autorization or if he wants to control the site before I give you the link.

Thank you,

Gianluigi :)

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ReMark

• gtiddia

• Strix

• Cad64

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

A most generous offer to say the least.

Welcome to the CADTutor forum. Do you plan on sticking around and participating or are you just passing through trolling for more blocks?

The only reasons of my passion is to share drawings. Yes, I will partecipate to this site, but if you consider me a spammer, ok, thank you and sorry :)

It sounds like you are only here to promote your site, and if you have to earn credits in order to download, then it sounds like your blocks are not free. What happens if you run out of credits? Do you then have to pay for the blocks? There are other sites like CBEN that require no registration and credits are not necessary for downloading blocks. You can download all you want for free.

New members are not allowed to post links until they have accumulated 10 legitimate posts in the technical threads. If you wish to post your link, then you will need to get involved with our community and help out with solving some problems. Once you get 10 posts, then you can post your link. But we don't allow members to advertise their business or paid services on the forum, so if your site actually charges a fee for downloading blocks, the link will be removed.

If you wish to purchase advertising space, please contact the forum administrator.

I'll willing to give you the benefit of the doubt and say I do not think you are a spammer. I trust you won't disappoint me. Again, welcome.

so what brought you here gtiddia? :)

have you been following us for a while or have you joined following a link from somewhere?

Credits are free, and it's only a way to increase sharing. When 500 initial credits ends, people will be contribute with own drawings that will "pay" in credits to download other drawings. No money. Only blocks.

The problem is that most drawings are made by italians and then respecting the italians laws, but a drawing often it's only.. a drawing!

By the way, I'm here to know more of autocad ( 2008 and revit architecture) and 3d studio max 9.

Thank you and good job :)

"The problem is that most drawings are made by italians and then respecting the italians laws..." Could you explain what you mean by this statement? Are there some legal issues involved here?

My english is very poor, sorry :(

No legal issue, only technical problem for the executive drawings that are calculate with the italian calculation methods.

That's all, when people upload and give us their own drawings becoming totally free (public domain).

Well when you have the required number of posts and provide us with the link I'll stop by and have a look around.

Are the blocks predominantly from one field, for instance, architecture?

There are 10.831 blocks, divided into 5 categories, 2D (symbols and parts) 2596 , 3D (symbols and parts) 3468 , Executive Projects 4355 , 3D projects 147 and masters of architecture 265.

Tags and description are in Italian and I'm working to traslate in english the entire collection to share drawings with english people.

It sounds as though the blocks then are mostly architectural. While that's all well and good not everyone who needs a block or has a block is an architect. For example, have you ever been to the CAD Block Exchange Network website? They have a large assortment of blocks in almost every field. The problem though is some people think just about anything they draw is worthy of posting. Some of the blocks I've seen are pretty bad. On the other hand, some blocks seem to have been well thought out.

I know CAD Block Exchange Network, a good site that's borned after my website. The most part of the blocks in my (our) archive are drawings made by engineer, architect and students, good and bad, sure. Every blocks have a little preview that give the opportunity to valutate blocks before the download.

What is the block's tipology of the cadtutor users?

"What is the block's tipology of the cadtutor users?" I am not sure I understand your question. Tipology?

We've had a couple of discussions about setting up a block library but it hasn't happened. While it seems like a good idea, as I'm sure we would set some high standards, I feel we might be duplicating the efforts of other sites. Our focus should probably remain pretty much what it currently is... an AutoCAD help site.

Hmmm. That was interesting.

I would have been interested in viewing examples of AutoCAD architectural blocks whether they were made by Italians or anyone else for that matter.