Scaling objects

Bane

Hello friends,

I tried to find answer on this before, but i didn't receive any useful solution. Let's try here...

I draw my drawings in scale of 1:1. When I want to plot it, I choose the scale factor in plot dialog and everything is ok... I get smaller or bigger drawing plotted on paper, depending on chosen scale. But some elements in drawing (little crosses, topographic signs for tries, traffic, manholes... etc) should be plotted always in the same size no matter what scale factor I choose while plotting. It takes so much time to manually change the size of every topographic sign when client wants to have the drawings plotted in different scales.

Putting all those topographic signs in certaing layers and scaling all together is not good solution since insertion points are different...

I am driveing AutoCad Civil 3D now.

Thanks for any help,

Bane

If these items are inserted in your drawing as blocks, then you have to make the blocks annotative. This means when you plot your drawing at different scales the blocks will stay the same size. You can control the scale of the objects display in your viewport properties. Unfortunately I do not have more time to explain this to you. But do a search for Annotative blocks and you will surely find more detailed explainations.

Ok, I understand... I can make annotative text, block, attributes, dimensions...

I made a simple block using "wblock" command. After insertion to drawing I could not find a way to make it annotative.

When I create block with "block" command there is an option to set it annotative. I chose annotative scale 1:1. Near that block I draw the same size sign which is not annotative, and tried to plot all in 4:1 plot scale. Both are plotted with the same size... Where I go wrong?

What is "impression text"?

The OP wants his/her blocks to plot the same size no matter what the viewport scale is set to. You can do this with Annotative Blocks. This has nothing to do with attributes.

http://lynn.blogs.com/lynn_allens_blog/2007/03/more_autocad_20.html

http://www.thecadgeek.com/blog/2007/05/01/making-blocks-annotative/

annotations is text (as far as I understand the word anyway).

Blocks/text can be annotative = changes size depending on the scale.

What is "impression text"?

HaHa!

Sorry for the misinterpretation about annotative blocks. Just trying to help.

Also take note the thread was not orignally about annotative blocks.

By the that was your suggestion and attributes was mine. I am not trying

to step on peoples toes. Since you are a moderator I would think you would

understand this.

HaHa!

Sorry for the misinterpretation about annotative blocks. Just trying to help.

Also take note the thread was not orignally about annotative blocks.

Well, actually it was. At least that is the most logical answer to the original question.

By the that was your suggestion and attributes was mine. I am not trying

to step on peoples toes.

...and that is why I asked "What does that have to do with the annotative blocks?" I wasn't making any assumptions, I was just asking. I just didn't see what ATTDEF had to do with the original question. No worries.. :wink: