Revit features for Landscape Architecture

cpriedel

Hello,

We are a landscape architecture and engineer office and are using AutoCAD 2010. We are mostly designing Tracks and Sportsfields.

I have been asked to look into Revit since a lot of people we work with are using it.

I really like the Realtime drawing and the idea of having a "Intelligent" Drawing. However it seems that its specifically for Building design.

Is there an equivalent for Landscaping design?

As of now we draw up a couple different options for our client to look at. We use either Photoshop or sketchup (the free version) to make the design options "Pretty". Producing an extra file or more just for presentation. What bothers me is every time something changes we would have to start all over again since the "pretty" drawings are out of date now. I am a selftaught sketchup person who is not the quickest with the program and still has a lot to learn. Photoshop is Photoshop. 2D trying to look like 3D. After the presentationwe go back to our 2D plans.

I guess what we are ultimately looking for is a program that is sutiable for our line of work and can easily be viewed and printed for presentation without producing many different files.

Can anyone point me in the right direction what program i should be looking for? Or give me suggestions on how to increase our productivity on that matter?

Thanks in advance

I'm not familiar with Revit's offerings or landsape design software, but for presentation drawings you may want to look into AutoDesk Impression. You can simulate hand drawings, marker/pencil shadings and colorings...And it's free to subscribers.