Mep 2010

NuttZ

Been messing around with the new MEP and it kind of drags it feet a little. Anyone else mess around with MEP 2010 think its runs a little slow...have any suggestions or setting changes that might speed it up. I'm running a well set up PC...so it’s not a lack of computer performance.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NuttZ

• LifeoRiley0

• GolfBum

• tzframpton

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yeah, we use xref's. It seems like it pauses between commands a lot. Its probably just me thinking its running slow.

I didn't know if anyone else had any issues.

MEP definitely has some performance hits. I've experienced them since I've been using it from version 2008. When are you experiencing the slow performance issues?

Our drawings used to bog down terribly using "attached" X-Refs. We recently started using "overlay" and that has helped a lot.

It's mainly with selecting objects...once you click the object (block, line, or AEC) it gets a pause...then takes off. Also, with the ribbon...switching between tabs is gets a long pause. It's mainly little things...but it gets a little frustrating. I didn't know if there was a new setting that came with 2010 that would effect something to that nature.

mine seems to run fine. I have noticed that the crashes are few and far between now compared to 2009, but it still has it's issues. Overall, i think it is a much nicer, faster, and cleaner version than 2009, however i REALLY wish that we didn't have to download anything to get rid of the stupid ribbon... i HATE that thing. I hate it in MS Office programs, and i hate it even more here.

Later,

Andy

however i REALLY wish that we didn't have to download anything to get rid of the stupid ribbon...

Later,

Andy

I just went to "window" and deselected the ribbon :shock: and then loaded my old CUI with all the toolbars. Works Great.... :D

I just went to "window" and deselected the ribbon :shock: and then loaded my old CUI with all the toolbars. Works Great.... :D

Thats awesome...where is "window"

I know that the ribbon can be closed by RIBBONCLOSE.

How did you load your old CUI? Did you just load your old profile setting.

Did it bring back the pull down's that are at the top?

Thanks

How did you load your old CUI? Did you just load your old profile setting.

Did it bring back the pull down's that are at the top?

Thanks

When I installed 2010 it asked me if I wanted to migrate my settings from 2009. It brought over 90%. I also save my CUI to our srever "just in case" Yes it did bring back the pulldowns. Can you save your CUI from 2009 and load it into 2010?

It asked me to migrate as well, but I really didn't see where it brought anything from 09. I will try and save and load it. When I type "Menubar" in 2010 to bring up the menu bars...it says no menus are defined.

edit: It didn't bring in my tool bars or my menu's....I exported my 09 profile and imported it in 2010.

I can just make my tool bars...it will take some time....It seems that is what I may have to do.

CUI_profile.jpg

This is what my CUI page looks like...it seems from looking at yours...It didn't migrate right. I am going to try and migrate my settings again and see if it brings everything in.

I have modified the ribbon...and started adding tool bars, but I hate to take the time to redo my tool bars if i can get them to migrate.

That worked...when I type "menubar" hit 1 to show the menu bar...it only shows my express tool pull down.

Also, how do I show my tool bars....there are none on my desktop and i can't right click on to add them.

the transfer tab worked.

I right click the area where my toolbars are and a drop down comes up and I can check/uncheck the toolbars

Thats how I alway have done it as well...but when there are no tool bars up...it doen't give you that option.