Background in renders

matramurena

I made some nice renders of a room. Through the windows you could see the background picture that I selected at the environment settings (8). When the rendering is finished I see a perfectly nice picture but when I save this and look at it with a different program the background picture is simply gone.....

Anyone knows how this is possible???

I have seen this problem years ago...had something to do with the background picture being set up for the screen (1280x700)..then the render size resolution wasn't the same as the screen so it totally screwed up the background picture...

took a lot of trial and error...no real fix from my experience sorry.:)

If you are trying to recreate a 'view through a window' in a room (I presume you are) then perhaps use the Viewport Background dialog (View menu) this will put a background image in the viewport and works differently from the Environment background.

You need to select the viewport you want the image to be used in, make sure that the output size is the same as the render output size and away you go. Any image you produce should be viewable in any image program. If it is another 3D program you areexporting to then you need to 'Archive' the scene - this zips up the scene plus any assets (ie images etc) used in the scene and makes them available to other programs

Hope this helps

• 7 months later...

I just found out something interresting about this problem.... The render I get doesn't show the picture, but when I import it into ie Publisher and place it in front of another picture, that pic is visible through the windows! Even where there are semi-transparent shades the background picture is semi-visible.

So now I can make tons of different pics, each with another background from just one render! Awesome!