Praise

MisterJingles

I would just like to commend everyone on this forum.

As a beginner, and despite my best attempts, its difficult to sound like I know what Im doing and often in asking questions I must sound quite ridiculous.

Despite this Ive never had a question go unanswered or a problem go unsolved and thats because the members, even those with 1000s of posts to their names, are always willing to share knowledge. Its not a common thing these days and Im sure every other junior CAD operator on this forum appreciates it too because very often their problems need to be solved asap.

I was on another CAD forum recently and the first thing I noticed was the amount of posts which had no replies. Very much in contrast to this site.

So well done to the creator, moderators and all contributing members. Thanks for your patience or willingness to hide your irritation.8)

This forum is only as good as its contributors, and we're lucky enough to have a lot of contributors - of which you are one MisterJingles, you'll start finding questions you can answer in no time :thumbsup:

Without your questions this would become one big chat room. What fun would that be? Questions keep us engaged and they challenge us too. What use knowledge if it cannot be shared? Your kind words are like a paycheck. Thanks.

Tiger - There are many members because the people are professional and the environment is condusive to meaningful interaction. The questions are taken seriously and answered promtly. It seems to be the culture on this site and its great.

And yes Im sure Ill be able to start helping others out in the nearish future.

ReMark - Chatrooms can be fun ... but not often :)

Your outlook re knowledge is correct but not often shared unfortunately.

May this site continue to grow because of attitudes like yours.

Tiger - There are many members because the people are professional and the environment is condusive to meaningful interaction. The questions are taken seriously and answered promtly. It seems to be the culture on this site and its great.

Our rule of thumb is that posts should be suitable for ANYBODY to read in their workplace, no matter where they work and what rules that workplace has, and that content should also be suitable for younger students - some of whom may be as young as twelve these days

Sometimes we have difficulty in convincing a very small number of members that the above is very important, but we have the usual tools available to deal with non-compliance :wink:

I didn't MAKE the rules MrJ, it's just my job as a mod to enforce them :wink:

Provocative comment from another user deleted - in case anybody was wondering :thumbsup: