Missing menu bar

bolton78

Ive lost some stuff from autocad 2008,and NEED to get them back,firstly ive also the menu toolbar along the top its reset its self back to an old autocad my workmate says.

its no longer got DESIGN,ANNOTATE etc

Help please

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bolton78

• SLW210

• JeepMaster

• Ritch7

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Alan Cullen

Big sig you've got there, bolton.

Is it all necessary? Not being critical at all, just that it will always take up a lot of room.

Do what Tiger suggests.

Tools > Options > Profiles and see if you have something saved there. If not try to reload >

Guest LElkins
Ive lost some stuff from autocad 2008,and NEED to get them back,firstly ive also the menu toolbar along the top its reset its self back to an old autocad my workmate says.

its no longer got DESIGN,ANNOTATE etc

Help please

As tiger said, check your profile, and the search paths.

If you know 100% that no-one has changed anything on your machine, moved stuff, installed anything,etc, from the last time that it worked, then check the Workspace that you are using (from the workspace toolbar).

Also, do you have AutoCAD, or AutoCAD Architecture? If you have Architecture, then note that you can have AutoCAD 2008 with it too, so check that you have opened Architecture....hope this makes sense.

EDIT: Ignore the last para, have just seen that you have LT. Sorry.

Cheers

does your work store backups etc?

our work backups every night on the main server, so literally anything that has been done that could affect any of our work can be brought back, well most things

Guest LElkins
Yes we backup nightly

The backup is very unlikely to help you though.

The best thing to do would be set it up how you like it, then make sure that you save the current workspace.

That way, if it changes again, you can just go back to your workspace without having to mess about with toolbars, menus, etc.

Cheers

Guest Alan Cullen

could simply be a case of re-establishing everything. I had to go through this process every year on upgrade time. Doesn't take too long, about 2 hours. I also found it very convenient to get a piccie of the set-up I want, just as a reference when re-establishing my acad set-up.