8.5m = 18' ???

Drudworks

Hi, I'm trying to dimension my drawing in meters and feet. The drawing is metric. For some reason the imperial measure is way off. What gives? 2009 LT.

I had to change the conversion factor. You'd think a program this advanced might have a button that associates meters to feet.

Your text should be set at whatever you want it to be set at. In Metric I usually put the text at 1.5mm. You need to play around with it and find out what looks best to you and what fits best esthetically.

Hi, I'm trying to dimension my drawing in meters and feet. The drawing is metric. For some reason the imperial measure is way off. What gives? 2009 LT.
Well technically, as far as AutoCAD is concerned, it isn't :wink:

everything in AutoCAD is draw in 'drawing units', just like drawing on graph paper - one square on graph paper is one square on graph paper, and you decree what that square represents when you first put pencil to paper

So you begin an ACAD drg with the unspoken decree that 'one unit is a meter', and you add dimensions to that drawing on the basis that a line of 5 drg units will dim as five meters (if that's what you've selected), or that same line will dim as five feet if you choose that option

now if you want to get fancy, there's a FAQ somewhere with INSUNITS mentioned, which will tell you how to take the contents of a drawing and bring it into another such that the units all work correctly, which you could probably use to 'scale' effectively without calculating the scale factor