Conceptual View Ports - Printing problems

Wauf

I am trying to print high quality drawings from AutoCAD MEP 2010. The drawings I am printing are conceptual views of different mechanical platforms. Basically, the print comes out "Tiger striped". We use a practically trouble free plotter (KIP 3000) in the office, and their technicians have been here several times and tell me its a software issue. I've done some testing myself, and have come to the same conclusion. Has anyone else experienced a problem printing conceptual views? I can issue these drawings to the architect, but I would rather them be of better quality. Any help or ideas on this matter would be greatly appreciated.

PS-I tried attaching the scan I made of the drawing, but it exceeds the 250KB limit (way too small btw). Oh well. Any help will do. Thanks.

:?

Wauf

Well, you're not alone trust me. The best workaround I've made is to simply keep the view in 2D Wireframe mode, activate the Viewport, and type HIDE at the command line to create a nice, clean visual perspective of the 3D model. Granted, it doesn't have all the nice shading and silhouette lines from the Visual Style, but it produces in my opinion a much better representation of your 3D model for clean visual contruction documents.

Hope this helps. If you want it to "look nice" then make a render of the scene and import the image for the atistically appealing visual.

StykFacE,

Thanks for the quick response. I'm glad to hear I'm not alone on this problem, although it sucks. I'll try what you suggested and see if thats what I need. Mucho Gracias

• 4 months later...