Spirit of this Place

Zorg

Hey guys,

I just wanted someone more experienced at CADTutor to define the 'Spirit of this place' due to an unmentioned someone not being able to. I hope that if someone can enlighten me, i can become a more rounded member to the site, and continue to prosper as the site does, and become an asset to the community. :)

Regards,

Z

:wink:

Simply it is a place to share AutoCAD tips, tricks, get help, offer help. See how others are using it. A place to see 3rd party add-ons, working with other applications and other medium.

It is not a place for flame wars, twitter like posts, it is not facebook, myspace or any other free for all networking site.

Users must behave and post in an adult manner. Sure we all like to cut lose a bit but this is not the place for that.

I am not the admin but as one of the 1st members still here this is what I see the CADTutor forum's as. As I come up on my 7th year here I do hope we keep ourselves up and above the rabble that some forums have become.

My 2 bits as it were.

Sean

Further to what f700 has said, Cadtutor has members as young as 12 years old. So please bear that in mind when posting. Threads containing foul language, inappropriate photos, jokes or discussions of topics including race, religion, sex or sexual preferences, etc. may be edited to remove content or deleted completely. And repeated offenses may result in a permanent ban from the site. If members conduct themselves in a professional manner, sutable for workplace or classroom, they should have no problems fitting in here.

We hold ourselves to a higher standard here, which is why Cadtutor is one of the most well known and well respected CAD forums online.

I would say the "Spirit of the forum" is helpful, friendly and professional.

this, i will bare heavily in mind from now on.. :wink:

Further to what f700 has said, Cadtutor has members as young as 12 years old. So please bear that in mind when posting. Threads containing foul language, inappropriate photos, jokes or discussions of topics including race, religion, sex or sexual preferences, etc. may be edited to remove content or deleted completely. And repeated offenses may result in a permanent ban from the site. If members conduct themselves in a professional manner, sutable for workplace or classroom, they should have no problems fitting in here.

We hold ourselves to a higher standard here, which is why Cadtutor is one of the most well known and well respected CAD forums online.

Its not just the young. My new company owners have VERY strong views about what is appropriate internet content. Neither do they like us using the internet at all and monitor all our activity. I am only here as I can play the "professional advancement" card. If this site ever moved away from its serious and professional image I don't think I would be allowed to stay.

this, i will bare heavily in mind from now on.. :wink:
It would be more appropriate to 'bear that in mind' :wink:

As has been outlined to you before, posts must be appropriate to read at any workplace, school or college

The spirit of this forum (as mentioned above) is professional, polite and helpful

Anybody who wishes to post tripe or profanities can find a comfortable virtual home in many, many places on the internet - but not here

CADTutor.net is a forum permitted by employers who otherwise have a blanket ban on foruming, ONLY because we maintain a businesslike approach to the foruming concept, and provide positive benefits to employees rather than encouraging them to squander paid work time here. In effect we provide the same service to each other as colleagues in a tightly run office would do

There are those who have attempted to undermine this ethic on occasion, but they are no longer members here

The fact that I (as admin) do not need to explicitly state what the spirit of the place is means that the spirit of CADTutor is clearly understood and supported by regular members. CADTutor is a community, not just a website and it's the friendly, helpful and professional nature of the community that makes this place what it is. It never ceases to amaze me how much time and effort individuals are prepared to give to help others. Amongst other things, CADTutor stands for mutual support and mutual respect.

Oh, I wasn't going to say that because it's self-evident :?

Time for stepping in!

I am that "unmentioned someone" Zorg mentioned. I intended to answer by PM but I was in a minivacation. Just returned I can see a whole thread based on an expression I used in a private message.

Thanks to all answers, glad to read that people here tend to be like a big family.

I agree with everyone here - if it wasn't for the help and support of this forum, i

would not have half the knowlege i'v got. I always find it suprising after a bit of

advice why i never thought of it in the first place.

and it's got to the point now where i have occasionally been asked to post

questions for other people now. an half the time (Because of cadtutor.net) i'm

able to answer the question for them there an then.

so all i can say is I hope the spirit of this place never changes. :thumbsup:

I think the spirit of this 'place' is defined by the lengths to which forum members will go to answer a question, the numbers of answers some posts will generate, and the speed at which some posts are answered plus the overall friendliness of the site.

I think the spirit of this 'place' is defined by the lengths to which forum members will go to answer a question, the numbers of answers some posts will generate, and the speed at which some posts are answered plus the overall friendliness of the site.

:) This i like alot, and i've seen numerous examples since only being here a month.

I've been here about 9 or 10 months now, and the professionalism of the site has not wavered in the slightest during that time. The Moderators do a fantastic job of keeping the peace in the forums and monitoring the thread content, but, most of the time, the users are mature enough to post content that is suitable for most audiences.

I can't thank this site enough for its huge contribution to my LISP knowledge - I have looked at a few of the LISP tutorial sites, and you can learn a great deal from them - but if you get stuck, its nice to solve the problem there and then - and that is where CADTutor comes in.

Its great that the knowledge I have gained from this site I am now able to contribute back to the site, and in the mean time, learn more.

Thanks for all the hard work that goes into making this site a reality, it is a great benefit to AutoCAD users worldwide.

Cheers,

Lee

• 1 month later...

I have learned and remembered so much on this site that sometimes it feels like my head is going to explode!:lol:

This is the best CAD forum out there, and I am greatful to be a part of it. Thank you to everyone that has ever posted to help me, and it has been my pleasure when I have been able to help someone with my posts.

Thank you CADTutor for being here.

• 2 months later...

The spirit is have fun, learn, ask, add a tip.

We're all here 'cause we're AutoCAD geeks.

Maybe we're killing time at our work station (?). Who cares?

Visit often, post whenever, most of all have fun.