LTSCALE and PSLTSCALE resetting on their own

Hi,

I have been looking on the forum for a similar problem, but could not find anything on that subject. So sorry in advance if I am asking a question that has been previously answered.

Here it is: For a few days now, my ltscale and psltscale have been resetting to 1 on their own. I do not see what I did for this to happen. For exemple, I set my ltscale to 32, and after 5 minutes of drafting I realize that my lines look off. I type in LTSCALE and it is set at 1. I set it back to 32, and 5 or 10 minutes later it is at 1 again. The same problem ocured when I was preparing to plot. I had set my PSLTSCALE to 0 and my LTSCALE to 3 (this is in another drawing) and when I try to plot, both properties have gone back to 1.

Has anyone experienced this problem before? I find it very odd...

This is not a issue with a specific file as it is occuring no matter what drawing file I am working on. I am thinking it could be in my settings, but I do not recall changing anyting and I cannot see what setting would govern this.

Thank you for the fast reply! But I am not sure what you mean by lips routine..:oops:

Edit: It seams my problem has changed a bit...My scales only seem to change when I try to plot now, not overtime. Although I noticed that my object scales (set thought the opject's properties) do go back to 1 every 5 min. or so...:huh:

I have switched to AutoCAD 2009 and I was abble to print properly! I still haven't figured out what caused this...:wink: but I will stick with 2009 if it keeps happening.

• 1 year later...

Here is what I have seen...

Since 12 we have been using a lisp which switches space and text size and ltscale...

example:

1"=10'

In paper the ltscale = 1 while in Model the ltscale = 10

Again, along with linestyle we also adjust the text size to fit the scale...

Anyway...

I found the 2008 dwt works with linestyles and keeps the ltscale always set to one (1)...

So I created a new drawing added one linestyle and changed my lisp to keep the ltscale = 1... Works great but once I save and re-open this same simple little file things quickly start acting funny...

If I use the tabs along the bottom to swithch space,

which keep the ltscale to 1,

the linestyle stops working...

But is I use my lisp once, which changes the scale to 10 in model,

the linestyle works right again...???

I can't find the answer of what is causing this to happen so

until I find and understand what AutoCAD did and

which variable does what...???

I will continue to use my lisp to reset ltscale to the scale of the drawing while in model space...

Msltscale=1 displays linetypes in Model tab per cannoscale

Psltscale=1 displays linetypes in Paperspace viewports per viewport scale

Ltscale= 1 or to your choosing

Here is what I have seen...

Since 12 we have been using a lisp which switches space and text size and ltscale...

example:

1"=10'

In paper the ltscale = 1 while in Model the ltscale = 10

Again, along with linestyle we also adjust the text size to fit the scale...

Anyway...

I found the 2008 dwt works with linestyles and keeps the ltscale always set to one (1)...

So I created a new drawing added one linestyle and changed my lisp to keep the ltscale = 1... Works great but once I save and re-open this same simple little file things quickly start acting funny...

If I use the tabs along the bottom to swithch space,

which keep the ltscale to 1,

the linestyle stops working...

But is I use my lisp once, which changes the scale to 10 in model,

the linestyle works right again...???

I can't find the answer of what is causing this to happen so

until I find and understand what AutoCAD did and

which variable does what...???

I will continue to use my lisp to reset ltscale to the scale of the drawing while in model space...

If I understand correctly what you are seeing, then setting MSLTSCALE to 1 may be a solution. It will allow the linetypes to display annotatively in model space, letting you keep your LTSCALE setting however you want it. Also, PSLTSCALE set to 1 will scale the linetypes by the VPort's scale.

oops, too slow :)

If I understand correctly what you are seeing, then setting MSLTSCALE to 1 may be a solution. It will allow the linetypes to display annotatively in model space, letting you keep your LTSCALE setting however you want it. Also, PSLTSCALE set to 1 will scale the linetypes by the VPort's scale.

oops, too slow :)

Thanks Chulse,

I check that and found the same things happening...

Again, Until I understand what does what in these newer versions, I will continue to use my old lisp...

(defun c:TT ()(Setvar "cmdecho" 0);1=arch 2=Eng 4=MM 6=Meters
 (if (= (getvar "tilemode") 1) ;if your in Model Space
   (progn
    (cond
    ((and (= (getvar "USERI1") 0)) ; imperial
         (progn
           (command "ltscale" "1")
           (command "setvar" "psltscale" "1")
           (command "textsize" ddsth)        ; Added this variable which is set in AcadDoc 8/30/2002
           (command "DIMSCALE" "1")
       (command "DimAssoc" "1")
   ))
    ((and (= (getvar "USERI1") 2)) ; metric Milli
         (progn
           (command "ltscale" "25.4")
           (command "setvar" "psltscale" "1")
       (command "textsize" "3")
       (command "DimAssoc" "1")
       (command "dimscale" "1")))
    );end first cond
           (command "tilemode" "0" "DimAssoc" "1") ; Switch to Paper Space
   );end first progn
  (progn
    (cond
     ((/= (getvar "USERR2") 0)(command "textsize"(getvar "USERR2") "dimscale"(getvar "USERR4")))
     ((and (= (getvar "USERR1") 0))(progn (command "userr1" "1"))))
          (command "ltscale" (getvar "USERR1")"dimlfac" "1" "tilemode" "1" "DimAssoc" "1")
   );end second cond
 )(Setvar "cmdecho" 1)(princ))

I use another lisp program to set my scales for text, dimensions and viewports and within that lisp the "USERR" are also set.

We been using these since AutoCAD 12 and I have also needed to adjust a couple of these as the versions came out...