delliott

How about Rel. 9

Nardino

I am still using the digitazer with the 16 button puck

Ryder76

I loved that digitizer and puck - hated a mouse.

ReMark

Another digitizer user here!

dumfatnhappy

I would be too if 64 bit would support it (Vista)

hell maybe they do since I retired it 2 years ago...

dwb
While nosing around in the dusty confines of my cubicle I came across the following:

- 3.5" floppy disks for AutoCAD LT Release 2 for Windows 3.1

I have the CD but am missing the floppy. Could you zip it up and send it to me, please? Autodesk support said they are not able to replace it due to age.

Coosbaylumber

You must then not have original disks. For would not have been on 3 1/2 inchers, but older yet 5 inchers.

The floppy drive gets hooked direct into the main mother board on your computer. I ran out of bays in the front to install another drive, so loaded up my version via software and a serial cable. I used Fast Lynx and then loaded the disks into another computer, and copied and ran the newer computer via tie in to the older one. Once I got configured, the cable came out, and I was going.

'cept for the monitor part, which I forgot and had to look that up.

Wm.

ReMark

AutoCAD LT Release 2 for Windows 3.1 did indeed ship on 3.5" (1.44MB) floppies. There were a total of six disks. I can post an image if you don't believe me.

Coosbaylumber

Mark....

LT must have come two ways then, upon 5 inch disks also, as I got aout 7-9 of them in my lower drawer still. I use LT every once in awhile as it works good with an intermeditate printer/plotter I got here from H-P. (Don't know how to run remainder of program, but the printer button still works good)

Wm.

ReMark

Then you're talking about 5.25" high density floppy disks. They had a capacity of approximately 1.2MB. The low density version only had a capacity of 360KB.

Coosbaylumber
Then you're talking about 5.25" high density floppy disks. They had a capacity of approximately 1.2MB. The low density version only had a capacity of 360KB.

Nope...

The 360 era was relatively modern there in the 1980's for am thinking of the 180 MB disks, as have a few of them stored away here someplace. These have a white center as the latter disks omitted such a feature.

Used to go, shish, shish, shish as they ran.

Wm.