Can we colour the designs done in isometric, in CAD?

nidhi singhania

The UCS is the User Coordinate System. The icon for the UCS is evident is your drawing (the white arrows and line with the X, Y and Z designations). To draw your vertical lines you had to have oriented the UCS such that "Y" was pointing up towards the top of your screen. Correct?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• nidhi singhania

• ReMark

• qball

• deres

Maybe you should consider going full 3D. Then you can apply materials rather than "coloring" with a gradient or hatching.

Can you tell me , how can we change the UCS settings!!!!

By, THE DEPTH OF THE NISH,i mean , can u c the wall against which basin in placed, so there is a design on the wall arround the mirror..Its depth is 0.5", so, i want to hatch the depth of it.Where as wanted to gradient some of the other regions..

nidhi:

Please tell me how you drew the vertical lines in your isometric without knowing how to change the UCS?

You're using AutoCAD 2009, right? And you are utilizing the Ribbon? To change the UCS in a 2D workspace click on the View tab. The very first panel on the left side is the UCS panel. There are separate buttons for rotating the X, Y and Z axis. There is also a button that allows the user to relocate the origin of the UCS. Normally, one would move the origin to one corner (usually the lower left) of the object they want to hatch. If you do not do this then the hatch command will appear not to work and your hatch pattern can end up somewhere out in space where you least expect it.

Thank you for explaining the depth of the nish phrase. I believe the correct word is niche. I'll take a look when I have time later this morning. It is almost 8 a.m. here on the east coast of the United States. What time is it where you are?

The button for relocating the origin is in the top row, third in from the left on the UCS panel. It is called Origin.

Ooops....Spelling mistake..:oops:

It is 5:32 p.m, now, here in INDIA.

Thank you for answering all my queries .I shall sit with the drawing in some time and work on all the suggestions you gave me..o:)

Wil let you know, that , after all this, was i able to do my work or not..:wink:

nidhi:

Either you gave up or you have been busy working on something else. Have you made any further progress? Have you learned how to manipulate the UCS? Have you successfully applied a hatch pattern in your isometric?

Yes, actually i was busy with some other work. I tried the advice you gave, the main problem was i dint draw the room in solids. That was the main reason i was nt being able to hatch or gradient it. Now, i have learnt how to do it (thanks to you and your helpful group of members),and as of now,i am trying to render it but now i am facing another problem and that is i am not being able to use 3D SOLID BOX on each side of the wall, i have to change the angle of the file each time ..... This is some how makin my work more labourious....

I did not expect you to switch to solids. I could have made a couple of suggestions for working with your isometric. No matter.

What do you mean "use 3D solid box" and "change the angle of the file"?

What mode are you using (2D wireframe, 3D hidden, conceptual, etc.)?

Then please suggest me different methods, im ready to learn.

3D solid box is a tool in cad, where from 1 can make objects and by angle i meant the views of the sheet...[sW, NW,...]

So, i was woking with it on the plan to make an iso out of it.Now,the thing is the tools i am selecting it is workiing for 1 wall whn the view is in SW but now if i want to do the same for other wall , then the solid tool is not workin for it, or not working properly for it...so now im forced to change the view of the sheet, now as im changing the view, i notice , i can use the tool on it , properly....

I am just not understanding what is happening.

May be these things are very simple but i am jst learning to work on this vast software, so i am facing lots of problems.

I hope this wont irritate you.

It would be unwise to jump back and forth between the 2D isometric and the 3D solids drawings at this point. Best to concentrate on the task at hand.

There are many ways to make walls and I suppose using 3D box is one just not the method I would have used. What solid tool does not work? 3D box?

You're working entirely in model space at the moment? Did you set up some viewports? If so, how many and what views are you showing? Plan (top), front, side and iso?

Would you care to post the drawing here?

Ok.

This 3D solid tool and all similar tools dosent seem to work some times.They work when i change the views of the sheet.

Yes, i am trying to learn to make the plans in a 2D ans 3D form.

I am workin on 'SE Isometric' as of now.

I am done with the basic plan , and now have the task of making a 3D model image of the entire plan

You seem well versed in autocad , from how many years you have been working on this software?

I have heard people saying that CAD 2009 is a lilltle tough a version as compared to 2007, is it so!!!!

I may sound well versed but don't let that fool you. I have plenty to learn just as you do. As AutoCAD matures and new features are added sometimes it becomes a struggle to keep up with it. That's why I am a frequent visitor to CADTutor. I learn something new about AutoCAD every time I come here.

It sounds like you are using 3D solid tools in plan view then switching to a different view to see the results. Is that correct? You failed to answer most of the questions I have put to you. If you do not answer the questions then we cannot make any meaningful progress.

No that is not quite so.

I mean, i am using 3D solid tools, but am changing the view of the layout because few times the software is not accepting the selection of a particular object but the next moment it is working .

So, i am little confused as to why this is happening!!!!

Like today i worked on the layout and the tools were working on each wall perfectly, but yesteday this was not the case.

We could help you better if you answer the questions put to you and/or post a drawing. What more can I say? Unless you want to email me the drawing? If so, send me a PM with your email address and I'll respond. Then you can reply with a copy of the drawing attached. I'll look at it within 24 hours of receiving it and email back my comments. That is the best I can do. You're lucky I'm only working 3 days a week.

Hey thanks for your support.

I took the help of my faculty as well on this issue and she has solved a little portion of my problem and wil clear the rest in coming days.

You have been a great support , Thanks....

Will get back to you if still i face any problem, i hope you dont mind....o:)