How to do transparency effect?

kidoy

Hello guys/moderators...

I am working in an oil and gas industry specifically on mud system which deals mostly in piping and structure... My question is how to make a transparency effects, let say that i have tank and inside to it is a bunch of piping ling mostly for client presentation it will be nice to show both piping and structure. I had seen one this modeling and i would like to apply on my drawings since that my boss seen it too..

Im not sure if the word transparency effects is the right word for it but please help me to configure it...

pls. see attach sample pic....

thanks and regards,

kidoy

3D effects Land Rig_Page_5.jpg

You don't have to make a view representation, you can be in an assembly and select the part and change the material on the pull down menu on the "Inventor Standard" toolbar. Look for one that says "blue(clear)" or anything with "clear" in it.

Arusho,

That is more or less what JD meant. He was just saying that by creating a separate view rep, you can keep a view with the original colors and then toggle between your "master" and transparent views.

Good thing about the view rep way is you can quickly create the views and bounce between then. However both suggestions will work fine.

• 3 years later...