Locked Viewport

SteveB

I've been e-mailed a plan which I have subsequently amended however when I come to scale It says "viewport is viewlocked switching back to model space" I can't unlock it to move and scale it in the usual way:cry: I'm using Autocad 2000.

I would really appreciate any help as I've been trying allsorts for 3 days!! Thanks.

So you have selected the viewport and then right-clicked and tried (unsuccessfully) to disable the display locked option?

The only other place I know of that you can turn off view-locking is in the Properties window. But from what you are saying I expect that to indicate that the view is locked and I doubt you'll be able to change the setting.

Could there be a second, larger, viewport that you aren't seeing? If I get impatient when I create a new drawing using a template with the viewport already in the titleblock and try to start work before it is done, AutoCAD occasionally creates a viewport 5-10 times larger than the paperspace I am using. If I don't realize it, things can get rather confusing.

I doubt this will be any different, but try using a macro:

^C^C_-VPORTS;_LOCK;OFF

Glen

I think you can also select the viewport, right click, and turn off the lock that way. But the viewport has to be showing so you can select it first.