unforgivable!!

prototype

im trying to install autocad 2010 but it says cannot install in current operating system..

whats the deal?? i have a vista64 sp2..... and its on the requirements

64bit vista homepremium(sp1 or later)

i also tried installing autocad 2009 still same problem.. help here guys...

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• CADMASTER1128

• ReMark

• Cad64

• prototype

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You should be able to tell from the name of the install directory whether it is 64-bit or 32-bit version. (see attached for 32-bit example) Of course you are looking for 64-bit. Also, for Vista make sure you turn off UAC and any virus scanner while installing.

32-bit.JPG

Vista and the UAC should be a separate rant. Trying to load 32-bit software on a 64-bit machine is a common mistake.

Vista and the UAC should be a separate rant. Trying to load 32-bit software on a 64-bit machine is a common mistake.

This is just one of the menu reasons why I got uninstalled Vista and went back to XP!! LOL

This is just one of the menu reasons why I got uninstalled Vista and went back to XP!! LOL

What are the other reasons? I have had ZERO problems with Vista.

What are the other reasons? I have had ZERO problems with Vista.

AutoCAD was running slow no matter what I did to improve performance. I always got error messages. Software constantly was crashing. UAC would be turned off but would never stay off. Vista KILLED 2 of my 500GB hard Drives I added a graphic card, RAM and added registry correction software. I am so glad I went back to XP.

I think that most problems with Vista are probably self-inflicted. For example, the system may be borderline when it comes to meeting the specifications for running the software or the user may be in the habit of downloading everything under the sun, constantly rewriting the Registry and failing to practice good computing practices such as cleaning out temp Internet files or running the occassional defrag. Some users also go looking for trouble by either not running an anti-virus program at all (relying on their firewall to protect them) or not keeping the virus definition files up to date.

I've had zero problems running XP Pro. But I know other users who had a multitude of problems. Again, I believe these to be self-inflicted. I load only the programs I need. I don't download "junk" programs. I don't surf questionable websites. I'm vigilant when it comes to keeping my virus definition files up to date. I don't use Registry cleaners (another big source of problems) and I am proactive when it comes to system maintenance. I also practice good housekeeping by doing a yearly dusting-n-cleaning of the interior of my computer.

I think that most problems with Vista are probably self-inflicted. For example, the system may be borderline when it comes to meeting the specifications for running the software or the user may be in the habit of downloading everything under the sun, constantly rewriting the Registry and failing to practice good computing practices such as cleaning out temp Internet files or running the occassional defrag. Some users also go looking for trouble by either not running an anti-virus program at all (relying on their firewall to protect them) or not keeping the virus definition files up to date.

I've had zero problems running XP Pro. But I know other users who had a multitude of problems. Again, I believe these to be self-inflicted. I load only the programs I need. I don't download "junk" programs. I don't surf questionable websites. I'm vigilant when it comes to keeping my virus definition files up to date. I don't use Registry cleaners (another big source of problems) and I am proactive when it comes to system maintenance. I also practice good housekeeping by doing a yearly dusting-n-cleaning of the interior of my computer.

I see where you where you are coming from. I only used this registry software with the purpose of trying to get Vista to run faster.

what about xp pro 64?? they say 32bit can oly handle 3gb ram.. i hav 4 in my pc...

wel yeah vista is slow, but i have no problems so far... it gives me what i want, well maybe some, interface maybe, easy access..

maybe we should w8 for win7 to arrive in retail..

but again the problem was the installer i got was a 32bit.. so no way i could install it in a 64bit os..

so no way i could install it in a 64bit os..

I think you are able to install a 64 Bit OS as long as your processor is 64 Bit. Make sense?

You can a 32-bit system using a mobo with 4GB RAM by adding a line to the boot.ini that recognizes the 3/GB switch. I'm doing it right now.

You can a 32-bit system using a mobo with 4GB RAM by adding a line to the boot.ini that recognizes the 3/GB switch. I'm doing it right now.

Would you do that in the BIOS set-up?

No BIOS tweaking required. The user adds but one line to his/her boot.ini file. It is documented on the AutoDesk website. Why do you ask? Are you considering it?

AutoCAD was running slow no matter what I did to improve performance. I always got error messages. Software constantly was crashing. UAC would be turned off but would never stay off. Vista KILLED 2 of my 500GB hard Drives I added a graphic card, RAM and added registry correction software. I am so glad I went back to XP.

I'm right behind ya, just as soon as i can afford XP again :ouch:

I'm right behind ya, just as soon as i can afford XP again :ouch:

You have to purchase XP? My computer came with a copy of XP...lol