• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• CADMASTER1128

• ReMark

• Cad64

• prototype

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

To continue your education about the /3GB switch take a look at this Microsoft article about available switch options in Windows XP and Server 2003 for the boot.ini file. It makes for interseting reading for some of us geeks.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/833721

Reading this sure makes it seems like if you don't know what you are doing (which I don't) you could REALLY mess up your computer!

Then my advice would be to forego editting the boot.ini file and live with your system the way it is or buy a new one.

Then my advice would be to forego editting the boot.ini file and live with your system the way it is or buy a new one.

I am just going to have to live with it. The computer is only 3 years old, I only got the RAM when I had Vista on this machine.

You should try to figure out why your computer displays 1GB memory and not more (it won't show the max) considering you have 3.5GB installed. I figure it should be at least 2.3GB.

No, I don't believe so.

Your motherboard may support dual channel. But to gain that advantage ALL four slots have to have the same DIMM module (either four 512KB or four 1GB DIMMS). It could be that channel A has 512KB in one slot and a 1GB in another and maybe that's why your system indicates 1GB of memory available. I'm not entirely sure myself. I'd have to do some reading up on the subject.

Hmmm, that is very interesting. Well don't worry to much ReMark. My system works so there is no need to do work that isn't needed.

Well it is an interesting situation and it got me curious that's all. If you're happy with the way things are then I will not pursue it any further.

Well, you can if you want, But all i am saying is you don't have to.

But, if you do find anything then please let me know :P