.pc3 files - What are they...

JoeC

Per AutoDesk...

"A plotter configuration file, or PC3 file, enables you to easily configure a plotter and to save the settings for later use."

Did you receive a drawing from an outside source (maybe a client, vendor or a frim you are doing a joint project with)?

Yes. Most of our drawings originate from our customers.

Do I need to delete the pc3 files that do not relate to my plotters? I am gaining more of these files with each month!

I don't see the harm in deleting pc3 files that do not correspond to the printers available to you. However, once you get these files, do you edit them and then send them back to the customer?

Probably not.

While some of our customers are very familiar with Autocad, many of them only know how to open and view layouts.

I doubt that it will cause any grief!

I learned another new thing today.

In case anyone is interested - PLOTTERMANAGER opens the directory where all of these annoying .pc3 files live. They are easily deleted here.