• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• cad_student

• ReMark

• Car5858

• CADMASTER1128

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well, the line represents an alternating current voltage source (AC), while the arrow usually indicates a variable. So perhaps indicating a variable (AC) source.

KC

A/C motor protection circuits is where I have seen them used on Dye cut machines.

So its not something you are going to find in a residential plan...lol

Hi, Thank's for all your responses,I will explain what i am doing.I plan to fit a speed controller for my kitchen extractor which plugs directly into a plug socket.So i need to cut the twin and earth wire in half and attach the two seperated halves to my speed controller box.

Now for me to the tricky bit, in the attached image these are the symbols that i see and need to connect the live ,nuterol and earth wires to BUT how and which wires go whare, Any advice from electrical guru's are most welcome thank's :?

symbol2.dwg

May I ask what a kitchen extractor is? All I have as an image in my head is a machine that rips a kitchen out of a house! LOL

he probably means 'SINK ERATER'

Nope, Definitly an extractor fan that removes cooking smoke from my kitchen :unsure:.

The manufacturer of the variable speed unit should have included a wiring diagram. If you don't have one why not ring them up or visit their website?

The manufacturer of the variable speed unit should have included a wiring diagram. If you don't have one why not ring them up or visit their website?

This is the only documentation i have,I could not find a website unfortunatly,So imagine the senario there's me amature electrician to say the least holding a twin and earth wire that has been cut in half and need's to be connected to this speed controller?? :oops::?,The diagram might aswell be written in greek for all that i can understand, whare do the wire's go??.

I understand that the two arrow's mean either live connect (guessed) and the two N's for the two nuetrols but do i leave the earth's out?? what about that variable current sybol??. ahhrgh :D

Anyho let's hope somone electricaly mided can figure this diag out i hope:(.

lastscan.jpg

There's no possible way to contact the manufacturer? A telephone or fax number either?

Hey ReMark thank's for your time,Guess i'll have to learn german unless they speak english,I was hoping that there must be someone here with electrical knowledge that could assist me, i'm still holding that wire!!:D.

Surely many an experienced electrical draftsman visit this exellent web site from time to time and would find this prob easy to solve??.

I am slowly comming round to the idea as this unit is german made they prehap's tend not to use the same earth system as the u.k,In which case the two arrow's need to be connected to the two ends of the live wire's and the two N's (nuterol) need to be connected to the two nuterol ends of the wire's, that just leaves the two earth wires and the alternating current symbol.So i trim back the two N's (not use them) and forget about the alternating current slot .:?