Help USB Recovery

Ritch7

i have accidently erased some cad drawings from a u.s.b stick is there ANY RECOVERY/RESTORE usb programs out there which are free, im at dire straights guys

any help extremly appreciated

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ritch7

• LCE

• ReMark

• James

Top Posters In This Topic

james i just tried it downloaded the demo but it errors when i try opening it! :x :x

your help is greatly appreciated tho

Have you tried going to the website of the USB drive manufacturer and see if they offer a file recovery utility program? Just a thought.

this is so cheeky

every site searches and finds the drawing i want to recover but in order to recover that ONE!!!! drawing you must pay $40 and get the full version, none of them actually let you restore anything, just lets you see what you "could restore"

pethetic

Please let us know what the results are.

Might this be a good topic for a FAQ? I realize it is not exactly CAD related, more like general computer related, but many of us (myself included) transfer files between computers using USB stick drives. I even had a friend who broke his right where the circuit board is attached to the protruding connector. I managed to find instructions on line about repairing the damage. A bit scary though as it involved a soldering iron! Not sure I would try it. Better to send it off to someone who knows what they are doing.

Good luck. Hope you are able to retrieve your files.

this is so cheeky

every site searches and finds the drawing i want to recover but in order to recover that ONE!!!! drawing you must pay $40 and get the full version, none of them actually let you restore anything, just lets you see what you "could restore"

pethetic

which program did that?

everyone, even the one you posted, you download the demo but they wont acually let you restore anything unless you get the full version

im out of ideas

LCE:

I just looked at the link you posted and have to admit my first response was to smile. Here we are trying to solve a problem using DOS. Who said DOS was dead anyway? Probably some Windows programmer geek! I used to carry around, on floppy, a copy of UNDELETE everywhere I went for insurance. Never knew when somebody would delete a file by mistake. Hadn't thought about using it in a few years until you mentioned it now. I wonder if it will work? Thanks for the trip down memory lane.

Search for PC inspector File Recovery. It is freeware and it made me a great favor when the boss asked me to recover some files of his 3 1/2s, I just tried with my USB and it can see it so I imagine it'll help you out.

Ok, done the hard work, here it is Pc Inspector File Recovery. Let us know if it helped you.

Alex

just like to say,thanks for everybodys help: remark, LCE, james, zars. but no luck ive tried everything.

On 3 different recovery/restore programs I couldn't get back the drawings, it kept saying "unable to restore file" which I dont know why they wernt overwritten/corrputed or anything!? OH so anyway I just gave up in the end and now have to tackle them again this afternoon! :x

Live and learn in life as people say hey :wink:

cheers

...Ritch...