How to determine what files an x-ref is referenced into?

Nice one Leigh.

Once you are finally happy with it; you should post it to Hot-Tip_Harry, and see if you can win $100 and a t-shirt or whatever the prize is this month !

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• LCE

• NBC

• epond

• uddfl

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just had a play with this. Works a treat !

I know I'm being greedy but it would be sensational if it could 'look' for image / dwf / ole references also.

Oh, just to keep you posted. There is now FULL!!! yes, thats right FULL support for images, enabling you to handle them in an almost identical manner to xrefs.

The xref tools have undergone a bit of an overhaul with a few cool features added.

And, just a little change which I don't think anyone will notice at all, well, I lie, 2 small changes.

1. You can now specify to include all subfolders when adding a directory! VERY COOL!

2. Rather than opening each file now, meaning that handling 100's of files could take a minute or 2, there is now NO opening of drawings, whether searching for xrefs/images or making changes.

Like I said, just 2 little things.

Again, I am really excited about this, hence why it has taken so long to re-upload it. I have had it in its current state for a couple of weeks now with very minor changes to script occuring, but I want to ensure it is 100% perfect (or as close to as possible) before I post it again.

I will be sure to post here when I am happy with it.

Also, if you would like to PM me your email address' and version of AutoCAD that you are using I will compile this into a exe install file which means there is no fluffing with the registry or using netload (yawn...)

OOOOOOOO I am so excited I can barely sit still.

So, that's all folks.

Stay tuned.

Nice one Leigh.

Once you are finally happy with it; you should post it to Hot-Tip_Harry, and see if you can win $100 and a t-shirt or whatever the prize is this month !

Cheers. Have sent the previous version, and have since emailed to confirm replacement of the original file with the new app. Keep an eye out in a couple of months because you should see it.

Hey that works i can wait, very cool. This will be a very usefull tool, and i shall send you a PM

Um so i can't send PM's maybe i have too few posts, so my email is evan.pond@pullman-wa.gov and we jsut started using Autocad Map 3d 2009, we still have Autocad 2005 if it would work better

And thanks this will make my life a lot easier since we are changing some folders that have xrefs (not my idea... the boss')

Also you are going to post it up some where on here? I just rememebered my work e-mail has strong filters that doesn't let much through.

Thanks again awsome stuff.

WHOA MAMA!!!!!

Just a little update guys and girls, and children of all ages.

So, what did Santa bring you for christmas this year?

Well, nothing much, just a little DWF SUPPORT!!!!

Will keep you posted.

DGN and OLE HERE WE COME! (hopefully...)

EDIT: Scratch that. OLE is going to be too much hassle with very little benfit considering that most people don't link them, I may go ahead with DGN, but I am not sure yet...

WHOA DADDY!!!!

So, what did the tooth fairy bring you?

Hmmmm, nothing much, just a little DGN SUPPORT!!! WOOHOO!!!

Nearly there now guys. Just a few tweaks and some more testing.

If there is anything else that you want from this tool, now is the time to suggest it. I will post some screen shots and a short description of what can be done soon.

Cheers

Wow I can not wait to try this thing out.

Glad to hear it.

Any comments on the features listed so far, or anything that you would like for it to do?

I would like it to make me a nice cup of tea and some heavily buttered toast on my arrival at work each morning please.

Seriously though, it sounds like just the ticket :)

I would like it to make me a nice cup of tea and some heavily buttered toast on my arrival at work each morning please.

Well, I tried, but sadly, failed. :cry:

Seriously though, it sounds like just the ticket :)

Great.

Just got home and have had a few lightbulbs going off on the train, so hopefully in addition to the previously mentioned features, there will also be a few small but pleasant surprises.

***note to self. enough now. time to stop and just upload it. no more new features needed***

Epond,

This will be uploaded soon.

I have been away for a week, and anticipated getting it finished off then, but I didn't even open VS, let alone finish it, so I will tidy it up in the next few days and then upload it.

Cheers

• 2 months later...
So i was wondering what had happen to this project? I was looking forward to trying this out.

Epond,

Sorry for going such a long time with no update. I have been away for a fare while busy with other things, and it has been a long time since I even considered checking out CadTutor.

This tool is still in line for release, but it has undergone a bit of a facelift recently with a much sleaker and more streamlined design than previously.

Have no fear, this will be released.

PM me your email address if you like and I will keep you posted and then provide the install file as soon as it is available.

Cheers

• 3 weeks later...

Newbie here - is this app available for download? Or is the previous versions of the app available, because I could really do with this as soon as poss; I'm poor, ugly and hairy but if I could get a version I would be prepared to provide a kiss and a bag of chips... not an offer I make to everyone let me tell you :wink: .

yours in hope

Doove

Wow, there must be something in the water because I have had a few requests now in the last few days for this app.

It is being worked on amongst other things, and I will aim to get it up soon. There are however other priorities currently so I am unable to provide a time frame.

Again, it will be released soon.

Thanks.

So for some reason i'm not allowed to send PM's? Anyway i guess i'll just keep track of this thread for when yo uget to finish this amazing app. thanks and good luck