How to determine what files an x-ref is referenced into?

Ah yes, you are right. It would be nice to have the full path of the xref, along with the name of the xref

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• LCE

• NBC

• epond

• uddfl

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So I think this could help me greatly, we are moving some 'basemaps' and they are xrefed to many drawings, so with this we should be able to find all the drawings and remap the xref. I tryed using it and got this error. My IT guy is out right now so i couldn't check with him on it. Any idea what is wrong? I'm gussing it's on my end since others have it working.

error.jpg

I think this may be when the app attempts to create the log file.

Please check the details and post them.

Unfortunately I don't think there is much I can do my end, sorry. Will just have to wait until your IT bod arrives, and hope he can sort it.

Oh yeah sorry yeah that would probably help, here is what the deatils where, yeah i figure i'll probably have to wait for him to come in thanks.

See the end of this message for details on invoking

just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************

System.Security.SecurityException: Request for the permission of type 'System.Security.Permissions.SecurityPermission, mscorlib, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' failed.

at System.Security.CodeAccessSecurityEngine.Check(Object demand, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean isPermSet)

at System.Security.CodeAccessPermission.Demand()

at System.Drawing.Icon.FromHandle(IntPtr handle)

at Autodesk.AutoCAD.ApplicationServices.Application.ShowModelessDialog(IWin32Window owner, Form formToShow, Boolean persistSizeAndPosition)

at Autodesk.AutoCAD.ApplicationServices.Application.ShowModelessDialog(Form formToShow)

at AutoArch.vbstudentClass.Xin()

at Autodesk.AutoCAD.Runtime.CommandClass.InvokeWorker(MethodInfo mi, Object commandObject, Boolean bLispFunction)

at Autodesk.AutoCAD.Runtime.CommandClass.InvokeWorkerWithExceptionFilter(MethodInfo mi, Object commandObject, Boolean bLispFunction)

at Autodesk.AutoCAD.Runtime.PerDocumentCommandClass.Invoke(MethodInfo mi, Boolean bLispFunction)

at Autodesk.AutoCAD.Runtime.CommandClass.CommandThunk.Invoke()

The action that failed was:

Demand

The type of the first permission that failed was:

System.Security.Permissions.SecurityPermission

The first permission that failed was:

version="1"

Flags="UnmanagedCode"/>

The demand was for:

version="1"

Flags="UnmanagedCode"/>

The granted set of the failing assembly was:

version="1">

version="1"

Read="USERNAME"/>

version="1"

Unrestricted="true"/>

version="1"

Read="H:\xin\"

PathDiscovery="H:\xin\"/>

version="1"

Allowed="AssemblyIsolationByUser"

UserQuota="9223372036854775807"

Expiry="9223372036854775807"

Permanent="True"/>

version="1"

Flags="ReflectionEmit"/>

version="1"

Flags="Assertion, Execution, BindingRedirects"/>

version="1"

Unrestricted="true"/>

version="1"

Url="

Howdy partners.

As I promised, I am now rebuilding this little app to add some additional functionality which I feel it will benefit from. So far in the rebuild, in addition to the features of the existing build, it will now log both the xref name and the xref path. You have the option to log all xrefs found, or only those with a specific name and also the option to use keywords which will then log all xrefs found with the name containing the keyword, eg, search for xref Ground and it may return 123Ground and 456Ground. There is also now an option to log the status of the xref (whether it is unreferenced, unloaded, etc.)

To allow for easier review of the log file, there will now be a blank line between each result.

I am also looking at the possibility of defining the type of xref to search for, either Overlay, Attach or Both, but I can not yet confirm this.

I am also looking at the option of being able to activate the command from outside of autocad, with autocad closed, but at this time can not confirm this either.

In addition to the above, are there any other features which may be useful? Of course, it will not make your tea and coffee for you, sorry.

Cheers

I think all those extra features will make it a very powerful x-ref search facility.

Is there any chance you could add images and dwf files to the search type also ?

So in other words, it will search for any content that is somehow attached to a drawing file, but remains external to it ?

Good day ladies, gentleman and children of all ages.

OK, I think we are now on V3, but not sure. never mind.

Uploaded with the extra features I had promised.

There is currently no support for DWF or Image files but I am working on this.

There are no tool-tips, Help or Guides for this yet, so if you can not figure out what to do with it then just ask.

Netload or appload it into your startup suite. Then use XIN at the command line to activate it.

Please let me know of any bugs with this.

Thanks.

You are welcome.

I have just had a little play with it and haven't found any bugs yet.

In my opinion (which may be a little biased) it is working very well.

But I will let you be the judge of that.

Cheers

Just had a play with this. Works a treat !

I know I'm being greedy but it would be sensational if it could 'look' for image / dwf / ole references also.

Glad it is working. I am quite proud of the features included with it now and I think it is a handy tool to have.

I am still looking into the option of have image/dwf references, although hadn't considered OLE. I will look into that as well but I feel image and dwf are the safer bets, whereas OLE may just pass us by on this 1, will see what I can do though.

ole references are not so important I don't think; but images & dwf's may well be.

Either way, you're a star and it works like a charm.

• 1 month later...

So i was following this because we are moving a bunch of 'basemaps' and knowing where they are all xref-ed to. Unfortuantly I got bussy doing other things and forgot to follow up. It seems like the file is no longer up for download, can i get a copy of this?

Thanks

So i was following this because we are moving a bunch of 'basemaps' and knowing where they are all xref-ed to. Unfortuantly I got bussy doing other things and forgot to follow up. It seems like the file is no longer up for download, can i get a copy of this?

Thanks

epond, do you need this urgently?

I have been reworking the application recently and I am very excited about the additional functionality of the app, and the method in which it works. If you can wait for a while, maybe a week or so then I will re-upload the revised application.

Cheers.