difference between 2009 & 2010?

dumfatnhappy

anyone that experienced with 2010 coming from 2009 that can comment? As I've said before I'm too afraid of the ribbons to mess with it. :o

I am not using MEP, I am using Architecture 2010. I find the ribbon well organized displaying the tools you only need. Then when you need extra tools, they will show up when need. 2010, to me, also seems to run faster than 2009. I hope this helped!

I find the ribbon well organized displaying the tools you only need. Then when you need extra tools, they will show up when need.

How can AutoCAD know "what I need"? It doesn't. And the "extra tools" are a joke.... I can't stand this new setup. I can manage everything on my own with Toolbars, I don't need some sleek awesome popup ribbon to make things all fancy because there are times when I look up at the ribbon and I don't need what it changed to. Leave me my Toolbars. :-)

Dum... look here: http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?t=101535#post976641

Here is what I meant - When I draw and then click on a wall, extra wall tools open up. Now, I know that this isn't MEP but I would think it has some of the same basic's.

tool-wall.jpg

No I know what you meant. I wasn't knocking your opinion at all, it was simply stating how I hate the Ribbon for my own practical use. And it works just like MEP does too.

I'm with you Styk (interject 'old dog' comment here), hell if they made a driver for my tablet I'd have it back up and running. WAY too much typing without it (F keys n such)

we are all set in our ways, change happens much slower for me than back in the day.

You know, I'll even debate the "set in my ways" argument with the Ribbon. I am an individual who am passionate about AutoCAD. I am always trying to figure out the best or most efficient way about doing something in this program. The Ribbon simply does not offer the best and most efficient way of ANYTHING. It works good for beginners on one hand because all you have to do is refer to the ribbon for most all functions or tools, however the "automatic change" that the ribbon will make confuses the hell out of a newbie because sometimes they won't understand why or how that ribbon popped up. So its not about being set in my ways its about my own observation of how much it actually hinders my speed and efficiency.

Not to mention, it creates a 3 step process just to access whatever tool you need, because you have to follow their "new sleek well-thought out design". It might be sleek, and cool, and the new icons and slidouts are neat, and very organized, but that is not what I need for speed and efficiency.

I will argue the Ribbon till I am blue in the face for my own personal design procedure. As for everyone else, to each their own. :)

How can AutoCAD know "what I need"? It doesn't. And the "extra tools" are a joke.... I can't stand this new setup. I can manage everything on my own with Toolbars, I don't need some sleek awesome popup ribbon to make things all fancy because there are times when I look up at the ribbon and I don't need what it changed to. Leave me my Toolbars. :-)

My thoughts exactly.

And Why oh why did they release 2009 with a ribbon setup. And then totally change it in 2010 AGAIN, just to confuse us even more.

The ribbon is just a selling point to new customers. Oh Look. a shiny ribbon. the latest in modern draughting techniques. buy this, buy this..

MY HAIRY ASS!!!

It takes 2 week just to customise it the way you want. You have to select view tabs just to change the ucs position.

AND WHERE ARE THE ZOOM TOOLS!!!!!!!

Anyway, I just went back to AutoCAD Classic setup. At least it gives you 1 usefull thing.

My thoughts exactly.

And Why oh why did they release 2009 with a ribbon setup. And then totally change it in 2010 AGAIN, just to confuse us even more.

The ribbon is just a selling point to new customers. Oh Look. a shiny ribbon. the latest in modern draughting techniques. buy this, buy this..

MY HAIRY ASS!!!

It takes 2 week just to customise it the way you want. You have to select view tabs just to change the ucs position.

AND WHERE ARE THE ZOOM TOOLS!!!!!!!

Anyway, I just went back to AutoCAD Classic setup. At least it gives you 1 usefull thing.

I will say this:

Yes the 2 different ribbons are confusing. I have both 2009 and 2010. The ribbon in 2010 is A LOT better than 2009. In fact, when you compare office 2007 to AutoCAD 2010 they look very identical (with the exception of the AutoCAD tools). (LOL)

In fact, when you compare office 2007 to AutoCAD 2010 they look very identical

So you are saying Microsoft are to blame??? :D lol

Damn that Bill gates, all that money and no common sense.

Notice a problem here?

Blue Screen of Death - Who do we blame? Bill gates

Vista - Who do we blame? Bill Gates

AutoCAD - Who do we blame? Bill Gates

HAHAHA!!! :P (LOL)

I see the pattern emerging

Oh by the way Steve i go an email off you today about that tutorial. Didn't you get my reply About the video I couldn't find?

Im having problems with my outgoing.

I did get your e-mail. Did you ever find the video?

Send me your response in a PM so we dont sent this thread off track.

Hi Dum,

I'm using 10 MEP and to be honest I don't like the ribbon , I turn it off lol

It just makes everything big and in your face where ever you move the mouse I prefer it the old way.

And to the actual question of the thread! - differences between 09 and 10.

Theres a few Iv'e come across the most frequent is using/creating regular Pipe work just generally easier and better apps. to work with like sloped piping and parallel routing of pipe,

And another big thing iv'e been told about is the more/better exchanges and compabalities it has with inventor ie ADSK file exchange format etc etc but that's not really my line of work...

the rest is just the same really, tarted up here and there! :wink: