Books

Mark1965

Hi

Can any one recommend a good book to start to learn revit with please, i printed of the revit tutorial before i was made redundant, but i am looking for something a bit easier. Somthing like revit for dummies lol:unsure: . I use autocad at the moment but would like to get a feel or exposure to revit as they say for when the job market expands in the future.

Thanks

Mark

i've heard Introducing Revit Architecture for Beginners is a good book to start off with. i myself am not familiar with Revit yet but others in my office found this useful :)

The new Paul Aubin book is due out next month on the 7th. Mastering Revit Architecture 2010. I highly recommend his books. I used his Autocad Architecture book to learn that program, and will be ordering the Revit book here in a week or so.

The new Paul Aubin book is due out next month on the 7th. Mastering Revit Architecture 2010. I highly recommend his books. I used his Autocad Architecture book to learn that program, and will be ordering the Revit book here in a week or so.

Hi Noahma

Do these books start you of from the basics or do they expect you to know them already?. And StevenMC thanks for your input i will check it out. The only problem is my local bookshops dont stock these types even the waterstones, but play has Mastering Revit Structure 2010 for £35, at the moment that is a lot of money to me so i need to be sure as i have to pay for my 2nd year HNC myself :(this time so funds are very tight. I bought the autocad 2007 bible when i first started and found it was a bit too much so i got the autocad for dummies and that was much easier to learn, and i now use the bible for refrences to problems or other things.:?

Thanks

Mark

have you tried looking for some on the internet and checking reviews etc?

you might be able to get some good priced ones

Hi StevenMC

I can get the one you recommended for £25 they seem the cheapest so far, or Mastering Revit Structure 2009 for £28 thnx. I was in the process of just starting to learn it when i was made redundent, but what i saw was great even on our low spec pc. This is just something to learn and practice at home.

Mark

Hi StevenMC

I can get the one you recommended for £25 they seem the cheapest so far, or Mastering Revit Structure 2009 for £28 thnx. I was in the process of just starting to learn it when i was made redundent, but what i saw was great even on our low spec pc. This is just something to learn and practice at home.

Mark

sorry to hear you got made redundant.

good to know you are taking revit up as a hobby. i'm going to start soon :) hope the books help

Just found Mastering Revit Structure 2009 online as an e-book for free:shock::D , and yes i know what some will say but :glare:.......

Mark

Just found Mastering Revit Structure 2009 online as an e-book for free:shock::D , and yes i know what some will say but :glare:.......

Mark

well done Mark!

any chance i could have the link :D

Hi Noahma

Do these books start you of from the basics or do they expect you to know them already?. And StevenMC thanks for your input i will check it out. The only problem is my local bookshops dont stock these types even the waterstones, but play has Mastering Revit Structure 2010 for £35, at the moment that is a lot of money to me so i need to be sure as i have to pay for my 2nd year HNC myself :(this time so funds are very tight. I bought the autocad 2007 bible when i first started and found it was a bit too much so i got the autocad for dummies and that was much easier to learn, and i now use the bible for refrences to problems or other things.:?

Thanks

Mark

He starts his books as if you have never opened the program before. And they follow projects from start to completion, covering multiple ways of doing things.

Great books if you ask me. They are pricey, but hey its better than spending 800.00 usd for classes :)