Frustrated by Naff system

rjt

Well, for once I don't mean AutoCAD either!

At the risk of upsetting some long standing members of this site I have to say - although it seems to be a great place to be it needs a damn good sorting out :twisted:.

I've got really fed up with my login problems and decided to re-register under a new name and make a fresh start.

Despite the fact that the opening page says "Welcome, %%%. You last visited at %%%%%" . the sytem knows who I am and I am 'Logged On'. I get any number of stupid annoyances. Maybe it's just me, I am a bit of an 'old fart' now having clocked enough points for a 'Bus Pass' (UK readers understand). Anyway enough rambling - I really want (NEED) this to work this time, so here we go for another try.

:unsure: Rob

:huh: What exactly are the problems you're having? You mentioned experiencing many annoyances, but failed to describe exactly what those annoyances are? Cadtutor has thousands of members, and this is the first time I've heard of any serious login problems from anyone. :unsure:

What browser are you using?

Do you have cookies enabled?

When you logged in, did you check the little box that says "Remember Me"?

By the way, we don't allow members to have multiple accounts, so what was your previous user name so we can disable it?

And the next time you're having difficulty with something, just ask for help. Don't let it get to this point.

Hi Rob :) (as your old username was, assuming you're posting from the same IP address)

Are you having the problem of being logged out when making long posts or taking several minutes to read a thread before replying?

The system DOES have an auto-logout facility as most of our members are posting from machines which can be accessed by more than one person in an office, but as CAD64 describes above, you CAN override this with the 'remember me' checkbox

Do let us know what your problems are!

Talking of annoyances... :P

I think the search utility on here could be improved slightly - it seems incredibly difficult, a) to specify terms which are "allowed" by the system, and b) find the thread you are looking for without spelling out the exact thread title...

If people would name the threads appropriatly the search engine would work better :wink:

I realise that, but I seem to get no problems with the search utility at theSwamp :wink:

At the risk of upsetting some long standing members of this site I have to say - although it seems to be a great place to be it needs a damn good sorting out :twisted:.

We like it when people complain because it means we can make this place better. However, your problems seem to be a rarity, there are 100's of successful registrations every week. If you can be a little more specific, we'll do our best to sort it out for you.

I think the search utility on here could be improved slightly - it seems incredibly difficult, a) to specify terms which are "allowed" by the system, and b) find the thread you are looking for without spelling out the exact thread title...

Search on vB has never been a particular strength. The developers are aware of this and the new vB4 (when it arrives) will have a new search engine. I hope this will resolve problems like not being able to search for words with 3 characters or less.

Search on vB has never been a particular strength. The developers are aware of this and the new vB4 (when it arrives) will have a new search engine. I hope this will resolve problems like not being able to search for words with 3 characters or less.

Thanks, I look forward to it :)