Custom Viewports

bamaman83

Has anyone ever seen a function that allows you to create multiple viewports in model space that act as a single viewport in paper space. The viewports are set to a particular sheet size and scaled accordingly and they each text and dim. styles to match. This may be very vague but if anyone has seen anything similar I would greatly appreciate any knowledge you have on it.

Not sure what you're after here... making multiple MS viewports act as one viewport in PS just doesn't compute with me... perhaps a better explanation?

Yeah I think you need to further explain.

You can have as many viewports in Paper Space as you want and they can all be at different scales. As far as for the text and dimensions matching those scales that sounds like you're describing annotation scaling that was introduced in Autocad 2008. Since it looks like you're using 2000 you'll have to setup multiple styles for each scale that you want to use and manually do that.

But that may not be what you're asking about.

You just use the VPORTS command and it gives you 2 views of the same thing- all coordinates are the same at any given point, so when you create a viewport in PS it will be of whatever the object is, it won't take into consideration the fact you have 2, 3, 4 etc... viewports in MS. As for dimensioning I'm not sure what you're after?

Thanks, but that is not really what i was looking for. I think this was a custom add on. I can't find it anywhere, but I really wish I could. Sorry for the crappy description, it is easier to show than to explain, but if I could show it then i wouldn't be looking for it.

• 2 months later...

I found out what was going on with the program i was looking for. It was a about 12 viewports stacked on top of each other and set to different scales. I am not using the program but just wanted to give an update.