CADTutor on Facebook

CADTutor

David,

I have absolutely no problems with social networking sites. I don't do is because I just don't have the urge to sign up for one. I just don't think about it. I think it's a great idea personally for CadTutor to be on one of the sites. :)

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• LCE

• CADTutor

• Tiger

• GE13579

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hmmm, well I for one don't have a MySpace nor a Facebook.

And I'm not doing it to boycott it or anything, just simply no urge to sign up for one. Am I the only one who is like this in the world? Seems everyone else has one. :)

You are not alone.

I feel the same. Well I don't hate social networking sites. My problem is I get addicted to it & than my work starts suffering. I was part of one the site(which was slightly differnt than face book, well I heard of face book thru this thread only.) before I discovered cad tutor

but now I visit it very less & do not interect much. bcs my all free time goes here & some of the work time as well but I am learning a lot here so, I don't mind that.:roll:

Guest Alan Cullen

Thanks, David. It's okay, I finally got there. Now I am one of the members, for what it's worth. But at least there is Dave, Chris and me (from the regulars here). I'm still not sure about this, but I guess time will tell. :P I really hope it works...I still have to explore my old college mates (and maybe even my old girlfriends), but we wont go there!!! o:)

Edit....

And James....Stilljames.....James Still. Sorry, mate, took me a bit to figure that out. :P

Guest Alan Cullen

For what it's worth, over the weekend, and particularly this morning so far, 3 troops from Facebook have joined the CADTutor group.

Now I guess, David, you have to figure out what we talk about/do, in order to keep the interest there.

This may just work...... o:)

Greetings everyone, just to let you know... I think I am one of the three troops as I have recently joined this farm(forum) and the group on FB aswell.

I think this is a great idea to raise awareness of the site... I do use Facebook, but probably won't visit the site group much, just it'll be useful for a lot of the next generation CAD users who are the biggest user of Facebook (I think). So, David, I think it's a good idea, the worst that can happen is that CADTutor will gain more members? I think that's surely a good thing?

Also, for anyone concerned about missing out, you can set up a Facebook account and solely use it for CADTutor- you don't have to participate in any other apps on the site, nor do you have to accept any friends.

Also, for anyone concerned about missing out, you can set up a Facebook account and solely use it for CADTutor- you don't have to participate in any other apps on the site, nor do you have to accept any friends.

Except for the fact that many companies block access to facebook...

Except for the fact that many companies block access to facebook...

As does mine, but I still use it at home, not sure your point there?

As does mine, but I still use it at home, not sure your point there?

Never mind then.

So for those that have already joined the facebooked group, anything interesting going on?

I think this is a great idea to raise awareness of the site... I do use Facebook, but probably won't visit the site group much, just it'll be useful for a lot of the next generation CAD users who are the biggest user of Facebook (I think). So, David, I think it's a good idea, the worst that can happen is that CADTutor will gain more members? I think that's surely a good thing?

That is the basic logic behind this development. Looked at cynically, you might say it's just an exercise in promotion. Alternately, it may have positive benefits that aren't obvious at this time.

Never mind then.

So for those that have already joined the facebooked group, anything interesting going on?

As previously mentioned, I don't expect any excitement on the Facebook group and it certainly won't take anything away from the forum - this remains the focus of attention. Why do it? Because we can and because there's really nothing to lose.

...Looked at cynically, you might say it's just an exercise in promotion...

I wouldn't say it was a cynical thing to promote the site- it means there will be more people on hand to answer any questions. :)

More problems to solve and more answers to learn from is for me the fundamental draw to the site, even though I rarely solve the problems, I still try... :oops:

Guest Alan Cullen
I wouldn't say it was a cynical thing to promote the site

And I agree. There have been quite a few people join the group, that I can't connect to CADTutor. So that has to be a good start. We just have to do something to really get their interest. And head them our way.

I'm still waiting for my daughter to ask me what CADTutor is.....so I can show her. :P

Who knows...she may even join CADTutor...then look out everyone.... :twisted:

Never mind then.

I quite like facebook as you get to know other people better. I learn about hobbies that other people do and books they've read, it inspires me I really think I'm gonna enjoy facebook with CADTutor, as I can imagine it's going to be less formal and more 'getting to know each other' and it's about time. Some of us have known each other for Years. ( I Joined in 2003)

I can also understand your thoughts on it tho LCE There is a not-so good side to facebook as I recently found out. My past caught up with me and my daughters father got in contact, leaving Mr Skeeps pretty upset. But I've been inticed back with the CADTutor group and reset permissions so I now have more control over who can view my profile. I think that you've got to read through all the blurb when opening up any social networking sites or lead a squeaky clean life.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Just registered for the forums and also just joined the group today...have quite a few friends in the same classes at me and this forum has proved to be a valuable resource. Figured a few of my friends might see it in my page and use it too.

-Nathan

• 7 months later...