Rendering comes out dark - Even with lights

CADMASTER1128

I am trying to render this living room and I need help on adding light.

I first added lights but that didn't do anything. I tried different types of lights as well. I adjusted the Photons and it still came out dark. I rotated the house to allow the sunlight to come in, but all that did was light up the floor. Any advice? See the attached images.

Thanks in advance!

rpref3.jpg

lighthelp.JPG

lighthelp1.JPG

change the intensity of your sun a bit in the sun palette. and the time of day to be a bit earlier, this should bring the sun down more to the horizon and allow the light to come in more.

Just use a light and turn the shadows off to light up the room. Adjust the Attenuation as well. Also, don't worry about "sun" lighting for rooms. :)

I currently have 2 lights placed in the room but I can't get them to turn on... Any advice?

ugh, quit with the orthographic views. Always render perspective if you can, looks more realistic. :)

But the render did come out very nice indeed. Good job. Keep up the good work. :thumbsup:

How would I render in perspective?

The easy (and considered lazy) way is just to type PERSPECTIVE at the command line and set it to 1. Get the view you want, and render the scene. Best practice is to have a Camera view set. :)

You would get much more realism if you use the capabilites of the integrated Mental Ray render engine.Something like sun,indirect illumination,lights with soft shadows,Final Gather etc.

You could try and render the scene again but this time with the missing wall,and a camera placed inside the room.

For perspective views, I would definitely use a camera. It makes life a whole lot easier when it's time to render. Everything that Lazarus said is absolutely right. AutoCad can render really well if you know how to use it.

I Use the DVIEW command to do my perspective renderings .

I`m admittedly a bit of a newcomer to CAD but the thing I need to learn is to creat new materials such as the woodgrain on your parquet

floor . I render custom millwork projects and from what I`ve read you use photoshop to create new materials ???

Are there any good free woodgrain materials out there ???

I dont use photo shop