Sloped roof

StevenMc

Hi all,

im new to Revit, just got it at the start of the week :P

anyway im wanting to get a sloped roof done. cant seem to find out how to do it, tried looking at tutorials etc but dont seem to see anything and was wondering if someone here could help me, give me a bit more understanding on how to do it??

Cheers

-Steven

You want to create a flat slope roof?

If yes, You can to it 2 ways.

1) In a section view You can create 2 ref planes. One on the top ridge of the roof level, and second with same start point (top ridge) With demand slope on the opposite siede. Then reade the slop value. After this go to top view, activate ref plane (top ridge) draw a roof by foot print ( with lines, or rectangular tool) finnish the roof., Add a slope value (same as You read before). thas it!

2) much easier is to use massing tool. Create mass in place on the sloped ref plane (same as in first case). Finnish the mass. Go to Massing tool, and create roof by surface. Tag a surface with mouse cursor, and push "create Roof: button. It should work! :)

regards

K.

• 6 months later...

Im new to Revit,

I need to create a Sloped Roof, My walls are at the same height, How do i go about sloping the walls to add the roof at a later date?