Help - missing viewcube

umair lodhi

I don't use 3ds Max so the best I can do is tell you how to display the ViewCube via the command line. Type navcubedisplay and make sure it is set to "1" and not "0". Does that work?

Suggestion: Look up ViewCube in your Help files. There should be detailed instructions on how to display it.

I just found out the ViewCube was added in 2009. Who knew?

There is no command line in 3DS Max.

As ReMark stated, the Viewcube was added in Max 2009, so it is not available in Max 8.

To display the Viewcube in Max 2009 or 2010, go to the upper left corner of the viewport and click on the little "+" symbol. Then select "Viewcube" and then check or uncheck "Show the Viewcube" depending on whether you want it to display or not.

Untitled-1.jpg

• 6 months later...

I have 3ds Max 2010, and it has no viewcube, or the the little "+" symbol as shown in the picture, any other ideas on what could cause it to not be there?