762 SHX AutoCAD Fonts

tzframpton

sure wish I could send you screen shots so I could show you what I mean. Some how we are not on the same page. Not crazy or stupid. and I have done just as you described above. have you ever heard of the font. A yummy apoligy or brush stroke? Those are in my list of fonts.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• joyyoj

• ReMark

• tzframpton

• eldon

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

yes Eldon, my editor shows both types of fonts, that is not the problem, I can not get the new fonts that this site offers to show up in my text editor. Mark was implying I was unable to understand how this works and I just was stating that I did cuz I have other fonts than the standard default fonts.

Either you put the fonts in the wrong folder or you are doing something wrong when it comes to loading fonts via the STYLE command's Text Style dialog window. Those are the only two good reasons that would explain your dilemma.

I have tried it again this morning. found one of your fonts started a NEW style, renamed it Patty and applied. Went to Mtext edit and it is not in the list. I DID PUT THEM IN THE RIGHT FOLDER. If I had put them in the wrong folder I would not be able to see them in font name list? I found today where you asked me about MTEST, but I did not see your reply or suggestions to that. I appreciate all your help and I am sure you are just as frustrated as I am, but this forum does not keep things in order and the email alerts don't notify you of ever response.

MTEXT. Forget MTEXT for now. Test using just the plain TEXT command.

Did you set the style as CURRENT as I also mentioned?

Where do you live?

Edited by ReMark

yes I set as current. I live in Kewaskum WI. I have my book and I will look up the section on fonts. I also have downlaaded true type fonts and may just call it done. Never thought I would spend a whole day trying to get this to work.

FORGET MTEXT!!!

Can you get the style of font that you supposedly loaded to appear when using the regular, single line, TEXT command? Yes or No?

What new font did you load?

Attach a copy of the drawing you are working on to your next post. Not an image file but an actual DWG file. Hurry, I have chocolate to make.

I think it's a matter of selective reading which I referred to earlier in one of my posts. Maybe Joy quickly scans for a key word or phrase and skips over the rest.

I think it's a matter of selective reading which I referred to earlier in one of my posts. Maybe Joy quickly scans for a key word or phrase and skips over the rest.

I don't wish to be insulted any longer. I was following your instructions as I saw them. On my screen only 4 posts show at a time. there were many threads that did not show . I told you at the start I use Mtext and that is where I hoped to use the new fonts. Thanks for your help and I imagine this was as frustrating for you as it was for me. Funny you seem to have selective reading as well.

You can send me a private message if you wish, just click on my name and select "Private Message". But if you're just trying to find a solution to your problem, I recommend continuing to post here in this thread.

If you're having trouble seeing more than 4 posts at a time, go into your Settings > General Settings > Thread Display Options and change the setting for "Number of Posts to Show Per Page" to "Use Forum Default".

I would also recommend that you post your drawing file here, as ReMark suggested. Just make sure to run the ETRANSMIT command to create a .zip file containing everything related to your drawing. You will need to go into the "Transmittal Setup" and make sure "Include Fonts" is selected before creating the transmittal .zip file. If we have your file and your fonts it will be much easier to diagnose the problem.