Cursor problem in Visual Styles

ARYT

Tools >> Options >> (Options dialog box, Display tab) >> Colors.

Is this happening with all drawings or just this one?

KC

No success! :(

Yes! All drawings in "Visual Styles" only.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ARYT

• ReMark

• kencaz

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, that's something not easily diagnosed. You could try increasing the FPS rate in degradation to 10 or more and see if that helps.

Also, under "3dconfig" >> (Manual Tune), you can enable/disable Hardware acceleration even change the hardware driver... It's kind-of hit and miss at this point.

I'm sure you have rebooted your system, and the problem persists.

Try repairing the install under Add/Remove programs.

KC

Well, that's something not easily diagnosed. You could try increasing the FPS rate in degradation to 10 or more and see if that helps.

Also, under "3dconfig" >> (Manual Tune), you can enable/disable Hardware acceleration even change the hardware driver... It's kind-of hit and miss at this point.

I'm sure you have rebooted your system, and the problem persists.

Try repairing the install under Add/Remove programs.

KC

Finally! :shock:

YES! I just disabled "Hardware acceleration" and it works! :D

We have one more problem here. I was going to try AutoCAD 2010. I installed the trial, but when I want to run it, eventually gives an error: FATAL ERROR: Unhandled Access Violation Reading 0x0000 Exception at aed080

I've tried to download the "Update 1 aka SP1", but every time I try to do that, it doesn't go more than 94%. :?

Some people said you need to update your NET Framework. so I downloaded ver. 3.5 and when I want to install it, everything goes very fast and it says "Setup error" at the end. and you can click on finish only. (I'm not sure, but maybe I've already updated to ver. 3.5).

Glad to see 08 is working, as far as that error msg, I can't say what it could be. 2010 during install should have checked and updated NET Framework if needed.

If the Trial install completed, then it could be another post install issue but I could not say what it is.

I'll keep looking though.

KC

Glad to see 08 is working, as far as that error msg, I can't say what it could be. 2010 during install should have checked and updated NET Framework if needed.

If the Trial install completed, then it could be another post install issue but I could not say what it is.

I'll keep looking though.

KC

Yes, I just checked and I've ver. 3.5 installed already.

Can you check whether you can download this update (32bit=25 mb)? :cry:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=13760520&linkID=9240618

Okay. I've managed to get this working (there was a problem with one of the .dll files), but it's totally different from 2008. It's much like a Microsoft Office product. I cannot even find the "options"!

Okay. I've managed to get this working (there was a problem with one of the .dll files), but it's totally different from 2008. It's much like a Microsoft Office product. I cannot even find the "options"!

I tried and tried to give the new toolbar a chance but I just don't like it. I switch back to my old 2008 workspace.

KC

Kencaz: Are you referring to the RIBBON?

I thought the RIBBON was introduced in 2009 not in 2008.

Yes, I was referring to the Ribbon. When I switched to 2010 I tried to like the Ribbon but switched back to the Classic workspace from 2008.

KC

Right. I also couldn't get used to it. So I used the built-in "Migrate customs setting" and once again it's the classic AutoCAD.

And yes. I really couldn't find the "options" under "Tools". It's totally different.

The ribbon, at the first glance, reminds me of "PowerPoint".