Roofing in Sketchup

Red333

Is there an easy way to add a roof to my model in Sketchup? Right now I'm drawing line work, extruding it, and rotating it into place, which takes forever especially when trying to add a fairly complex roof to a house in excess of 4500 sq. ft. Thanks in advance.

Thanks for the reply. I clicked the link and I got what looks like a lot of tech. info. Is this what I need? If so, how do I use it? Thanks again for the help.

The image below is what you should see. I pinned the one I used way back.

Just right click on the name (Roof.rb or which ever you want to try) and save it in your Plugins folder (C:\Program Files\Google\Google SketchUp 7\Plugins).

Restart SketchUp and you should have the roof tool you just added show up in either the plugins pulldown, tools pulldown or on the context click (right click).

Again, I have only used the Roof.rb by TIG and that was a loooong time ago.

P.S. I just noticed that the Roof.rb has a word file next to it. I opened it and there it is a real nice help file, full of graphics.

Have fun.

RoofRuby.jpg

• 1 year later...

I have quite a bit of success modelling roof structures in AutoCad. I recently got an educational licence for SketchUpPro and spent several days trying to master the programme. I didn't like the time I lost learning the new methods involved. I bought 2011 and look forward to modelling many roof structures.