Wrap 3D image

vweavers

I would like to be able to create a 3D image, and be able to wrap/warp/contour it onto a curved surface.

As an example, if I extruded 3D letters "HELP", how could I wrap the letters around a cylinder?

My actual application is creating emboss wheels. I'd like to create a 3D surface, then using a combination of an array and a 'wrap', create a 3D wheel.

Suggestions, if this is even possible?

Thanks!

There are a number of ways to do it, Depending on whether you want extended from the surface, on the surface or into the surface.

imprint.jpg

Did you use Express Tools to explode the Text?

A combination is what I am looking for- the positive 3D of the 'slice' cylinder, along with the wrapping around the curvature of the other 2. Attached is a scan of the first wheel I am attempting.

3025t.bmp.jpg

• 9 months later...

Hi kencaz, can you explain how I would get my text to sit on the front face of my cylinder and cut into the surface?

Thanks

Bobzy20

I just Extruded the text through the object and then used the Imprint command but I seem to have those crazy white lines everywhere.

Is this a side effect or can they be avoided?

Bobzy20