• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ReMark

• ica_cici

• lpseifert

• rocneasta

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I just saw a reference to a LISP routine that allows the user to scale an entity differently in the X and Y directions posted by one of our forum members (Tiger). I'll have to see if I can find it for you or maybe she can repost the link herself.

Well, Luminous Being I really appreciate your help and looking forward the LISP. I need it to scale a path in several sizes for several 3D solid objects. Hope the LIPS will help to short it out.

Hi Ipseifert i've been trying make a block of the profile and insert it at an exaggerated x and y scale, but it's need to calculate the scale factor first to get the second dimension and the result not precision.

And for the LISP, first i copy the SCALEAXIS.LSP routine to the active drive and load it with autolisp. But "the reference" at the command line didn't work so i couldn't input the second dimension in it. What should i do ReMark?

Here is the picture,

The path size are X1=1.75

Y1=1.10

Y1'=0.53

profile to extrude is a circle D=0.45

and I need to scale this path as X2=1.60

Y2=1.00

Y2'=0.50

profile to extrude is a circle D=0.40

Hope you can help! Thanks.:)

kihei.jpg

kihei.dwg

• 5 weeks later...

Hi, it's me again. I'd seen a thread at

http://www.cadtutor.net/forum/showthread.php?t=23441&highlight=scaleaxis.lsp

and one of the newbie "stianhaugli" said about fit.lsp. So I just go to download this program and try to my path, and it works.

Now i can scale my path in x and y directions, so need no more time to make the new one in different size.

If you have problem with complex path or shape but need to make it in several sizes this lip will help. You can download it at www.xordesign.com and it's definitely free.

Thanks everyones and stianhaugli!:)

Thanks for updating us ica_cici and for sharing that bit of information about the fit.lsp routine. I'm sure others will benefit from the knowledge.

i didn't read it as properly as i should, but if you have a reference and you want to SC something accordingly why not just use ALIGN - it aligns and if you want scales the object by defining reference points.

sry if i totally misunderstood the point being raised

Thanks to you too ReMark :love:

Actually need to scale in x and y directions, for example you have a square with size 2 X 2 need to scale in x & y axis so get the second size 2.5 X 3. Is align can do it rocneasta? thanks.

Let's use your 2x2 block example.

Run the INSERT command. When the dialog box (Insert) comes up look in the middle. See where it says SCALE? You can specify the scale on-screen or you can type in a scale factor in the boxes for X, Y and Z. Let's type something. For X input a scale factor of 1.25 and for Y input a 1.5 scale factor. Click the OK button then insert your block. Using the DISTANCE command measure across the bottom and then across one side. The measurement in the X plane should be 2.5 while the measurement in the Y plane should be 3. Agreed?

If you want to use the ALIGN command you may do so as well.

Warning: The results you get with the ALIGN command may not be what you expected.

From your AutoCAD Help files:

ALIGN

"Aligns objects with other objects in 2D and 3D."

"You can move, rotate, or tilt an object so that it aligns with another object."

And yes, there is a scaling option. The results from scaling may not be to your liking. Here is an example.

Look at row A below. We are going to align the rectangle with the "L" shaped object. Note the dimensions depicted in the image on the left. The center image indicates the reference points to be used during the ALIGN command. The image to the right depicts the results. Note that the rectangle does not "fit" as we might expect.

Now look at row B. Same procedure. Note the dimensions used this time on the "L" shaped object. Reference points stay the same. But look at the end result in the image on the right. Looks more like we expected right? Why? Well, it's the math. I think you can figure it out, right?

Align_example.jpg

I should have been just slightly more exact with the dimension of the inside leg of the "L" shaped object. I used 2.6. I probably should have used 2.6666666666 but you do see my point right?

The command sequence for ALIGN.

Command: align

Select objects: 1 found (rectangle)

Select objects: (no other selection; press Enter)

Specify first source point: (top left corner of rectangle)

Specify first destination point: (inside corner of "L")

Specify second source point: (top right corner of rectangle)

Specify second destination point: (lower right corner of "L")

Specify third source point or : (no slection; press Enter)

Scale objects based on alignment points? [Yes/No] : Y

• 1 year later...

I would like to try the FIT.LSP routine which was apperently on the xordesign web site. However the website looks to have been down since May 2010 so the link is no longer there. Is the file posted anywhere else, could somebody re-post it on this forum please ?

Regards

Neil