Reverse Engineering - have you used Dezignworks?

Veronica Mendoza

My company is looking for a reverse engineering product that runs inside of our CAD system and works with our CMM Arm. Anyone heard of Dezignworks? There are some Videos up on Youtube and it looks pretty easy but just wondered if anyone had used it or knows anything about it.

What software would you be using it with? Inventor, Solidworks or Pro-E?

I visited their website hoping to find a link to a Dezignworks forum of some type but no luck. Even a rudimentary search really did not turn up anything useful. It would be nice to hear from others who have used the product no matter what software they were using it with.

Why not contact them and ask if they would do an "in house" demonstration for your company?

• 11 years later...

I have been a Dezignworks user for many years now. my company decided on Dezignworks after looking at several software options for reverse engineering mechanical parts using faro titanium arm (no laser). We recently upgraded our arm to a faro Edge with a LLP HD laser scanner, and the decision to stay with Dezignworks was easy. I love the software. It is easy to use. (I didn't even use all the initial training when we first purchased the software. I just learned it on my own mostly.) I love the fact that it runs inside Inventor (or solidWorks), and I never have to jump from one software to another and translate along the way. Probe, scan and build your model all in one place. It is an Excelent software. And the guys at dezignworks are awesome. Always friendly and willing to help and support in any way they can. These guys are Top Notch in my book. You Can Not Go Wrong with Dezignworks.