Is it possible to change "saved by" name on dwg?

JeepMaster

Currently my login name is saved to all the dwgs. Is there a way I can change the "Last saved by:" (under drawing properties) name to something else? I don't want my current login name to show up on all my drawings. It's not very professional to have a dwg saved by M'balz Es-hari.:D

Sounds like something that would be stored in the Windows Registry and not addressable in AutoCAD itself.

When you save a document (like from Word, Access or Excel) does the same thing happen (your login name saved as part of the document name)?

IT guy said it's too much trouble to set up a new username, move all my junk to that user name, re-setup all the permissions, remote terminals, timesheets, bla bla bla. I'm stuck with my login name as is.:x Hm...maybe I can login as his name.:D

Edmonton, Aberta.

Does the information get plotted in the exact same location each and every time you plot?

Don't get the IT guy mad at you by hacking the Registry. He may lock you out of your own computer.

Well I've been through Calgary, Banff and Jasper but I missed Edmonton although I've heard good things about it.

Speak to your line manager or somebody above the IT dept and point out how much impact this can have on a client

which nutcase let you have such a username anyway? It's hardly appropriate for the workplace in the first place :glare:

• 10 years later...
On 10/1/2009 at 12:22 PM, JeepMaster said:

IT guy said it's too much trouble to set up a new username, move all my junk to that user name, re-setup all the permissions, remote terminals, timesheets, bla bla bla. I'm stuck with my login name as is.:x Hm...maybe I can login as his name.:D

Edmonton, Aberta.

i am having the same issue, but i am my own IT. i just dont know where that name comes from to edit it

• 2 weeks later...