surface -> planar surface

frunza_samuel

Hallo everyone

I know there is a procedure to turn a surface into a planar surface, but i don't really know if autocad can do that, or how to do it. By this procedure i mead transforming a cone into a surface, a cilinder into a surface for example, but in my case the main surface is not a basic surface (as show in the image) and the procedure is quite tricky. I'm thinking that it may be a command i didn't figured out, or a lisp procedure that could help me with this..

Thanks for help

ST.jpg

i didn't post a picture for my surface because it's different from case to case. I need somethng that can do well with any nonplanar surface. I heared there is a procedure to this, don't know how is it called, and i am interesed if it is implemented in autocad as a lisp procedure, or something similar

basic surfaces have mathemathic fomulas, but there are procedures for solving the others. can u please lend me a hand on this, or tell me where to search?

thank u for your help

Just to clarify, you're talking about unrolling a surface (i.e. unrolling a complex object so that you know how to cut the plate so that it comes together properly) and not projecting the surface?

I know that Rhino can do this easily, don't know how well AutoCAD does it though.

yes, unrolling, that's what i'm trying to get

But it isn't an autocad command for that. I'm thinking that there are some lisp procedures that can help :unsure:

yes, that seems to be a solution

Even so, it's far from free for a stundent like me :roll:

thanks for help

• 3 years later...

Hello. Maybe you know where I could find this flat surface function on 2012 autocad mechanical or infusion?

You need Autodesk Inventor.

What is this "infusion"? Did you mean Fusion? Inventor Fusion does not have this fuctionality.

Do not confuse the free Inventor Fusion with the full featured Autodesk Inventor.