Rust material

cameroon95

Hi guys im looking for quite a good rust material for use on my metal structures in max. I can't seem to find any good ones!! I wouldnt mind a link to a few, so i can show the progress of the corrosion.

Cheers Guys

Thanks cad64, very useful site. Forgive my ignorance however, how do i get the jepgs as a material file in max?

Thanks cad64, very useful site. Forgive my ignorance however, how do i get the jepgs as a material file in max?

Have you never used an image file for a material before?

Just open your Material Editor and select on an unused material slot. Now click the little button next to "Diffuse". This will open the Map Browser. Double click on "Bitmap" and then browse for the image file you want to use. Once you select the image file, it will appear in the material slot.

MaxMapEditor.jpg

OMG! That is a rocking link! Thanks :)

Yah, it's my favorite place to find good quality materials. It's all free and I can usually find what I need. And, they are always updating the site, so every time I go there, I see new stuff that wasn't there the last time.

Have you never used an image file for a material before?

Just open your Material Editor and select on an unused material slot. Now click the little button next to "Diffuse". This will open the Map Browser. Double click on "Bitmap" and then browse for the image file you want to use. Once you select the image file, it will appear in the material slot.

Im quite new to adding my own materials to max. I managed to get a jepg in but it showed up as a square on the unused material then woudlnt me upload it into max.

But thinks for little mini tutorial, helped me get my rusty material onto my structure!!

That site is very good too!

• 4 weeks later...
a better site for vray specific materials is:

http://www.vray-materials.de/

There are some very realistic materials on here and its free register and you can download as many as possible.

Hi craig, I just checked out that site you recommended, very useful and thanks for the link.8)