Delete all hatches within a drawing?

Mr.Alex

We're in agreement for Best Practices... I simply included this functionality in response to the OP's explicit request of how to 'Delete all hatches in a drawing?'

I do use routines which *add* entities to a given drawing regardless of locked layers; but I cannot think of a practical, non-one-time-use as I *believe* this thread's purpose to be.

That's a completely different situation and unlike vla-add*, entmake doesn't care if the layer you are creating objects on is locked.

BTW, bear in mind (I just noticed this), this thread is in the beginner's section.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• alanjt

• BlackBox

• nicolas

• Mr.Alex

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi,

I do understand that quick select (qselect or simply qs using a personal alias name) is a top tools to quickly delete all hatches or all hatches using such and such patterns and the combinations are numerous based on object properties.

However as a autolisp newbie, I would like to implement something similar to quick select in autolisp and I know that given qselect is a dialog box, I can't use it. I know nothing of visual lisp except the vl-load stuff.

Is there a way to implement ssx or filter or any other command to autolisp. Suppose I want to delete or isolate or set to hidden mode all the solid hatches at once. I know I can use qselect but being able to use autolisp is even more powerful for it can be apply to any object, any properties and I do believe that we can used boolean operator as well.

Regards,

Nicolas.

BTW, bear in mind (I just noticed this), this thread is in the beginner's section.

However as a autolisp newbie, I would like to implement something similar to quick select in autolisp and I know that given qselect is a dialog box, I can't use it. I know nothing of visual lisp except the vl-load stuff.

Is there a way to implement ssx or filter or any other command to autolisp. Suppose I want to delete or isolate or set to hidden mode all the solid hatches at once. I know I can use qselect but being able to use autolisp is even more powerful for it can be apply to any object, any properties and I do believe that we can used boolean operator as well.

Alan's right - as this is the beginner's area, perhaps your question would be better answered from the AutoLISP, Visual LISP & DCL forum.

Here's a very simple example of selecting all hatch:

(ssget "_X" ; select all of something
      '((0 . "HATCH") ; hatch object
        (8 . "PIZZA") ; on layer "PIZZA"
        (2 . "ANSI32") ; pattern name "ANSI32"
       )
)

Literature on DXF codes:

http://docs.autodesk.com/ACD/2011/ENU/filesDXF/WSfacf1429558a55de185c428100849a0ab7-5f35.htm

http://images.autodesk.com/adsk/files/acad_dxf2.pdf

Here's a very simple example of selecting all hatch:

(ssget "_X" ; select all of something
'((0 . "HATCH") ; hatch object
(8 . "PIZZA") ; on layer "[color=red]PIZZA[/color]"
(2 . "ANSI32") ; pattern name "ANSI32"
)
)

Literature on DXF codes:

http://docs.autodesk.com/ACD/2011/ENU/filesDXF/WSfacf1429558a55de185c428100849a0ab7-5f35.htm

http://images.autodesk.com/adsk/files/acad_dxf2.pdf

Awww, man... now I'm hungry. :glare: