Rendering in Arch. 2009

jonesy

I recently changed my computer, and redownloaded the student edition of Revit 2009. I'd been learning on 2008, but thought I'd d/l the newer version.

Anyway, to my question, I've noticed that the rendering is VERY different to the 2008 rendering methods, does anyone know of any tutorials/tricks/tips/guidance for rendering in this new version. I've tried a few internal and external renders, but it seems much harder to get anything to look even semi-decent. (These are the best I've managed to get so far). So I think I need a good book, and/or a few good tutorials to help me along. Any recommendations?

Cheers

3D View 6.jpg

dining best.jpg

I would just Export the model to FBX then import into 3dsmax.. The results are a lot more realistic.

Thats OK for some people. But I dont have Max. I am trying to learn this on my own time/money so I want to learn how to render in Revit :)

I guess by the lack of responses I have had from my posts on various forums that nobody has a tutorial, nobody uses revit to render, or nobody has any guidance :(

Oh well. I'll just keep playing till I get something close

I guess by the lack of responses I have had from my posts on various forums that nobody has a tutorial, nobody uses revit to render, or nobody has any guidance :(

Oh well. I'll just keep playing till I get something close

I remember seeing some great renders done in Revit in the Showcase forum. Maybe have a search in there and ask the talented revit users how it's done?

I remember seeing some great renders done in Revit in the Showcase forum. Maybe have a search in there and ask the talented revit users how it's done?

I'd already posted in the Revit forum (the rendering forum) over at AUGI, and got no response at all...:( I'd seen some good renders on this forum so I thought I'd ask here