Belkin N52te - how's your's configured?

Mostlyskint

Hi All

My first post.. so be kind!

I have just purchased a Belkin N52te mentioned above by autocad assasin. ebay £24 delivered, bargain:o

I would be very interested in seeing how he or anyone one else who uses one has the keys mapped.

This is my first step into speeding up my drafting. At the moment i'm using a bog standard 3 button mouse and LT09. and a bag of frozen peas every friday night to take the pain away.:oops:

Shopping for a new mouse this week as well probably the MX rev unless you know better.

Thanks Dave :D

Shopping for a new mouse this week as well probably the MX rev unless you know better.

I just got the MX Revolution about a month ago, after my previous Logitech mouse died. Overall, I do like the Revolution. It's very comfortable, it has some nice features and it holds a charge really well. I have left it off the charger for over a week and it's still going strong.

But there are two things I don't really like about it.

1. The scroll wheel, by default, is free spinning. Meaning there is no ratcheting effect for zooming. You can switch to a ratcheted mode, but it's got a really light click. Not really a big deal, just something I've had to get used to.

2. The scroll wheel DOES NOT allow you to pan when depressed like every other mouse ever made. You can program the scroll wheel to pan when depressed, but it's difficult to press the wheel down, and with the touchy scroll wheel, it's difficult to keep from accidentally zooming while panning. What I had to do was program the button on top of the mouse, directly behind the scroll wheel to act as a Pan button. Not really ideal, but it works.

Thanks For the new thread strix.

Cad 64 thanks for the info. Got the MX half an hour ago just charging it now I will have to see how I get on with the scroll wheel.

I have to say though I almost never pan while im drawing, I just zoom out move zoom in. Although the biggest item i work on only measure 5 mtrs square. I suppose if your doing architectural it might be a different matter.

Love the grip shape of this mouse though.

Thanks for the input chaps.

N52 hasnt arrived yet probably a good thing given I have a new mouse to get used to.

Welcome to the forums Mostlyskint!

I use a Logitech wireless mouse, been usin' Logitech wireless (including keyboards) for several years. :thumbsup:

Not a single complaint from here.

Been thinking a bit about a bluetooth mouse for my enabled Thinkpad™ laptops. No need to use a USB (antenna, or whatever it's called).

Although, my Logitech USB thingy only sticks out about 1/4". Not bad, I can still put the laptop in a case without too much concern.

alanjt looks confusing to me! Related to TOD (techno-overload disease)? :geek:

It probably has a learning curve. LoL I still can't get over it, it's just an incredible mouse. I wish I could find a floor model of it to just test a little. I found it at Best Buy, but it was in the box. I hate a heavy mouse.

Hi All

Thanks for the input. Im really liking the MX revolution mouse, its a big step up from a bog standard 3 button dell! and the scroll wheel click being a bit light doesnt bother me.In fact I have just purchased a second one to use at home.

The N52te pad arrived from ebay. So far I think it will be of use.

I will take it to work tomorrow and try it in the real world and see how I get on.

I must say though Im having a few issues with poor tech support from Belkin already, so we will see.

So far I have programmed the basic drawing tools onto the first key map and it does speed things up not moving the mouse upto the ribbon all the time. Early days yet but for £25 its worth a try:wink:

Yes there is some useful info but the forum appears to be locked. I tried to register twice but the confirmation email doesnt arrive.

Also tried to contact Belkin with a couple of tech questions and so far no response.

Would you know the answer? Im trying to program the @ key onto a keymap. The problem is you press shift and @ and the editor software puts in a ~. I ve tried this on two PCs same problem. :x

Ive also tried to put it in a macro same result.

In fact it wont accept any shift or ctrl or alt combinations.

I also cant find the hardware update 1.04 on belkins site either

Other than this problem it works fantastic and its really speeding up my drafting :D

The editor software belkin call drivers and they are available.

The firmware update is to update the physical keyboard unit itself. Thats the one I cant find.

Thanks

Well I searched high and low for that v1.04 firmware update that Belkin hinted at "coming in November (2008!)" with no luck. I did however come across a French language website that listed the firmware date, file name, and file size but the link to the download was missing. This is all I could find:

12-02-08 n52te_win_firmware_v1.04_eng.exe 2.3MB

Personally, I think you are out of luck.

Remark thanks for that. I have had a reply from belkin :D. Not much help yet but I now have V1.02 eng so will try the upgrade and see if my problems go away.

Its a pity about the little niggles with this pad as its quite brill, even given its quirks I may buy another for home as you can work around the missing @ key..

• 3 weeks later...

A quick update on the speedpad.

Im loving it .:D

Took it to work and programmed the first 15 keys with my most used commands.

Its taken a couple of weeks with a cheat sheet to remind me which key has which command on. But now its sinking in my speed is much faster.

Not having to move the mouse across to the toolbar all the time is much better.

Now my left hand stays on the N52 and my right on the mouse. I only let go of the mouse to enter a dimension.

Best of all I can draw all day and my hands dont ache at the end of it.

Belkins tech support after a slow start has been fantastic.

I tried unplugging it last week to see how much I would miss it.

Lasted 5 mins before I plugged it back in.

Ive also bought another one for home £25 ebay

Recommend it to anyone.:D