• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ReMark

• ntptorres

• RageBg

• DANIEL

Well I right clicked on the printer and selected remove device remove device.

There are still 2 printers that pop up all the time and it seems i cant deleete them , may be i'm doing something wrong.

If you do not have a printer physically hooked up to your computer I would remove all references to all printers first. Start with a clean slate.

What other printers does the repro shop have available? Maybe you ought to look at a driver for a different printer.

I tried everything even plot to file , still no difference.

I'm trying again , downloading the driver again , I'm going to restard after i intall the driver. I've removed all of the other drivers.

Unfortunately i have no luck at all ,after deleeting all the drivers and installing a fresh copy nothing happened. When i install 64bit driver for hp designjet 800 , Autocad makes a plot file that is 0kb and it is blank when i veiw it with "view companion pro" , when i use a driver for another printer , Autocad make about 80kb big file , that is blank when i view it with the same programme. I'll have to go for now but tomorrow I'll keep on trying , thanks for the help btw. :)

Well while you are doing that let me say that I am running Win7 (64-bit) and AutoCAD 2010 (64-bit). I too visited the HP website and downloaded a 64-bit driver for the 500, 510 and 800 series printers (one driver for all three). The file is 2.7MB. It is dated 30 Oct 2009 and is named hpdj510wx64glen.exe.

When I installed it I did not specify a port. I selected Plot to File. Everything as far as the installation went fine. When I opened AutoCAD, loaded a drawing and then clicked on Print then Plot window came up and I was able to select the HP-GL/2 DesignJet 500 Plus - 24 inch wide printer. I then attempted to plot. I waited a very long time but the file was never created and there was no indication via the progress bar that anything was happening. When I checked the printer's status all it said was "spooling". I got tired of waiting and killed the program. The good news is it did not crash. The bad news is I have to figure out why it "spooled" forever and a day despite the fact it was a very simple drawing.

Seems we both have a slight problem.

I'll get back to you when I have more to report.

Yeap , I'm using the same driver, it's just that the process finishes on my pc and the plot file i 0KB. When i used one of many other drivers that i installed to try with them , i did found one that couldn't complete the process of making plot file , but i forgot wich one was. After "spooling" i closed the program too.

Something is really fishy here , may be the drivers are rellay poor , if someone can give an idea to use another driver similar to HP Design jet 800 that i can make good plot files with , and that the driver isn't HP . Any ideas ?

• 5 weeks later...

I have absolutely the same problem. I think it is because of the windows 7 Hp designjet 800 driver and I still can not find the driver that is working !

This sound that you people having a configuration situation...try from the top...new installation..!!!! also update the driver after!!...I have a HP D5360 and no problem at all....!!!!!!!!!! I have Windows 7 pro with autocad 2010 and It work very...very..good...

• 1 month later...

Using 2004LD with W7 Pro 64-bit, no problem. I got a HP Slimline with 4G memory. Autocad works in either XP Mode or W7 itself. Am happy as hell with it!

• 1 month later...

but wait untill you have 8GB of memory...try it !!!... my machine work so fast I cant belive it!!! ....I have Windows 7 Pro , 8GB of memory,64 Bit,500GB of HD... try it....!!!!

Using 2004LD with W7 Pro 64-bit, no

problem. I got a HP Slimline with 4G memory. Autocad works in either XP Mode or W7 itself. Am happy as hell with it!

i recently purchased a new laptop with windows 7 and am running 2009- it seems to work just fine aside from one very annoying issue i can't seem to find resolution to: the 'POLYLINE' command runs extremely LAG! once the command is typed in, actually drawing the line takes waaay too long and runs very lag between clicks for beginning, continuing & ending the segment. if anyone else is having this problem or knows a solution or something that may help- please let me know! i've done research and haven't found anyone else having this problem or a resolution to the issue.

otherwise, windows 7 seems to work very well with anything BUT 2010. i am also running windows 7 at the office on a desktop and actually downgraded after installing 2010 back to 2009 because i had SO many issues with 2010. then we finally upgraded to 2011 and that is by far the BEST version of CAD to run with windows 7, in my opinion. but to answer your question, yes, windows 7 works very well with 2009. :)

• 3 weeks later...
I'm planning to switch from windows vista starter to windows 7. *vista is really not good...

Do it, its's worth it. Windows 7 blows Vista out of the water.