Windows 7 - experiences

DODGE

I REALLY DONT KNOW WHAT IS THE SITUATION WITH UOYRS PC...

IM BEEN WORKING WITH AUTOCAD FROM 2002 UNTILL TODAY AND NEVER HAVE THE PROBLEMS WITH AUTOCAD,I USE AUTOCAD WITH XP SYSTEM 32 BIT AND NO PROBLEMS,I USE AUTOCAD 2000,2006,2007,2009 AND NOW I HAVE 2010 AND WORK VERY GOOD ON WINDOWS 7 PRO 64BIT,8 GB OF MEMORY AND A GRAFIC CARD OF 1.5 GB,SO IT WORK VERU GOOD,HEY IM WORKING WITH DRAWINGS OF 94.MB,84.5MB AND SO ON...... I REALLY THINKS THAT THE SITUATION WITH YOURS PC's IS THE CONBINATIONS OF ALL THE HARDWARE THAT YOU PEOPLE ARE USING.....ASK A AN PC's THAT ASSEMBLY THIS MACHINES..... THAT IS WHAT I DID.... SOMEBODY CONSTRUCT ONE FOR ME,I INVEST $1,300.00 AND REALLY WORK....

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ReMark

• ntptorres

• RageBg

• DANIEL

ntptorres - why are you shouting? :lol:

I'm currently running:

Dell Inspiron 1721 Laptop

AMD Athlon™ 64 X2 Dual-Core Processor TK-57

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit

3.00 GB RAM

Running:

AutoCAD 2011 Electrical

And I hate that it is slow... so very slow... go grab a coffee and donut slow :(

If I knew a way to improve performance I would do it; suggestions?

I'm currently running:

3.00 GB RAM

Running:

AutoCAD 2011 Electrical

And I hate that it is slow... so very slow... go grab a coffee and donut slow :(

What graphics card?

_3dCONFIG and check your settings in AutoCAD. See if the card is supported.

Graphics Card: ATI Radeon X1200 Series

Ran 3DCONFIG and it is set on Adaptive Degradation

Is your card supported? Latest drivers? Check View Tune Log and Check for Updates and Manual Tune.

I dont recoment to use use autocad on laptops,run slow......

my experience show me that.... try something big like a car....

I'm currently running:

3.00 GB RAM

Running:

AutoCAD 2011 Electrical

I dont think that will be the problem or situation ,with W7 Pro 64bit,8GB of memory... with a 1.5 GC...work very good to me and fast..... like a car.... run...run.... with a HD of 500GB..... work fine to me....!!!!!!!!!!

Last year I built myself a killer, bad-ass machine. For around $1,500 I built a Quad Core i7 with 12 GB RAM and a NVIDIA Quadro FX 380 graphics card with a 1 TB hard drive. It does the job and I've tested it with other OS'es like BSD and Linux. I eventually settled with Window 7 x64 and AutoCAD 2011 x64. It gives me great results, I know it crashed once with AutoCAD running but that's about it. Rendering 3D scenes is quick yet still not as quick as I thought it would be. Overall, I'm happy with this box and Windows 7 x64 has been very stable and reliable.

One problem has been that when Windows 7 goes into sleep mode when I leave the machine alone the sound card is disabled and I have to reboot in order to get the sound working again.

Unfortunately I don't write the checks that buy the equipment around here - I just work here :lol: So I am forced to make due with what I have, and in this particular instance its a laptop.

*Just a note, I have to be mobile and to be able to work from many locations as my job involves me to travel to many sites for inspections, etc. So I will be faced with the laptop issue perpetually.

I turned off the Aero theme for Windows 7 and shut off Hardware Acceleration and that seems to have helped tremendously.

• 3 months later...

windows 7 is not fully compatiable with older versions of autocad, it doesnt load any of your installed printers except for your default printer, at least 2007 and older ...

windows 7 is not fully compatiable with older versions of autocad, it doesnt load any of your installed printers except for your default printer, at least 2007 and older ...

What makes you say that? We have several seats of 2005 here running and printing just fine on Win 7.

What makes you say that? We have several seats of 2005 here running and printing just fine on Win 7.

windows 7 has been the only common denominator and others have had this same issue, 2004, 2005, 2006 ar releases i've heard of having this problem, i also heard tell of other programs having this issues such as word and excel.

windows 7 has been the only common denominator and others have had this same issue, 2004, 2005, 2006 ar releases i've heard of having this problem, i also heard tell of other programs having this issues such as word and excel.

I have no problem running Excel 2003, I am always going to other computers for user errors on AutoCAD 2005 but with no problems attributable to Windows 7. I have more issues running AutoCAD 2011 on Windows 7.

Like I stated in that thread, it is just a funky Windows 7. The engineer here was losing the printers from Windows 7, he uses Excel 2007 and has the same problems. No Idea the solution but he hasn't had print troubles in awhile, I am thinking IT finally reinstalled Win 7, but not sure, I just know he hasn't bothered me in a while. 8)

Like I stated in that thread, it is just a funky Windows 7. The engineer here was losing the printers from Windows 7, he uses Excel 2007 and has the same problems. No Idea the solution but he hasn't had print troubles in awhile, I am thinking IT finally reinstalled Win 7, but not sure, I just know he hasn't bothered me in a while. 8)

every new machine here gets windows 7 now and every one of them have had this issue.