• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ReMark

• nick bessey

• Rickard5

• rebardan

I'll need your email address. Include it in your next post in the following form:

m y e m a i l a d d r e s s AT h o t m a i l DOT c o m

I'll try to get it out to you today.

BTW...I do not accept "Friend" requests from first time subscribers to this site. Nothing personal mind you but oft times the people that make these types of requests have no posts, have started no threads, nor do they show any commitment to sticking around and participating in the forum. Should you show me that is not true of you then down the road and I may change my mind.

Edited by ReMark
spelling

Totally understandable I just wanted to PM you since I saw you might be my only solution hehe, thank you so much btw hopefully I can get this digitizer to work so I can go back to scanning blueprints my email is M i g u e l 5 6 2 @ m s n

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I have a CalComp Drawingboard III to use in a CAD software for shoes industry.

It worked fine in XP but now we change our machines to Win7 x64 and I have some troubles with the Drawingboard.

I installed the TabletWorks v10.09.24 and the Drawingboard conects fine and is recognized by CAD software but after a few seconds is diconected!

I have to close TabletWorks controlPanel, unplug and plug the usb cable (here I use a serial to usb cable converter) and then execute TabletWorks again to reconect to Drawingboard.

Is there any soulution for this situation?

Thanks in advance

I think the problem is the physical connection using the serial-to-usb connector. I used something similar when running an older plotter under a newer (Win7) OS and always suffered intermittent problems. You might be better off with a serial add-in card that one be installed in one of your vacant PCI slots.

I can't guarantee that it will work but it is worth a try. The only other option would be to run both AutoCAD and Tabletworks in XP compatibility mode.